FWE - Calibr/eXCalibr ammo weight

Necromancist

I noticed that most Calibr/eXCalibr ammo doesn't have weight like other FWE ammo. So I'm asking if anyone could make a small patch fixing this, or at least tell me how I could do it myself? Thanks in advance!

FWE uses form lists to add a weight effect based on the quantity of ammo you are packing. This extends only to the ammo used by FWE and not the full selection of CALIBR/xCALIBR ammo. It should not be too difficult to add the remaining ammo types to these lists.

BTW - xCALIBR changes the name of ammo removing the FWE weight indicator. This has absolutely no effect on FWE's weight calculation. The FWE over-ride restores the weight indicator in the name. but again only for the ammo used by FWE.

FWE uses form lists to add a weight effect based on the quantity of ammo you are packing. This extends only to the ammo used by FWE and not the full selection of CALIBR/xCALIBR ammo. It should not be too difficult to add the remaining ammo types to these lists.

BTW - xCALIBR changes the name of ammo removing the FWE weight indicator. This has absolutely no effect on FWE's weight calculation. The FWE over-ride restores the weight indicator in the name. but again only for the ammo used by FWE.

Allright. Then how do I add the CALIBR/xCALIBR ammo to the lists?

Allright. Then how do I add the CALIBR/xCALIBR ammo to the lists?

Okay, let me preface this with the declaration that I'm quite new to modding. I've been learning by digging through, mapping out, and modifying some of the mods I ordinarily play with, FWE among them. The lack of ammo weights on many of the other CALIBR ammo types is one of the things I plan on fixing, if only for my own use. It's down my list of stuff to do, though. Here's the info I have so far on FWE's ammo weight implementation, and how I would probably do this:

As far as I know, the most relevant objects in FWE that control ammo weight are: the form lists AmmoWeight001List, AmmoWeight003List, AmmoWeight005List, AmmoWeight010List, AmmoWeight100List, and AmmoWeight300List, and the script FWEAmmoSupplyScript. Each form list contains all of the ammunition types that weigh that amount (003 = 0.03, 100 = 1.00, and so on.) If you look at FWEAmmoSupplyScript, you can see under the MenuMode and GameMode sections how the game uses the AmmoWeight lists to tally up the total ammunition weight.

For a quick fix, just add the weightless CALIBR ammunition types to those form lists, depending on how much you want each round of that ammo to weigh. I don't know what other mods you use, but I use 20th Century Weapons, so here's an example from there: .30-06 rounds weight around 0.06 pounds each, so I'd add CALIBRxAmmoRifle3006 to the AmmoWeight005List form list. Make sure save your changes as a new .esp. Put that .esp after FWE in the load order (it's unlikely that another mod will override FWE's ammo weight form lists, but not impossible.) Now, in-game, each .30-06 round you have should add 0.05 pounds to your carried ammunition weight. You'll probably want to plan out on paper to which AmmoWeight list you will assign each of the weightless ammo types. So, this isn't a particularly quick mod, but it should be really easy. (One thing you won't see is the "(WG: 0.05)" bit appended to the ammunition name in-game. FWE does that by overriding the vanilla and CALIBR ammo types with another version that just has the name changed appropriately. You can do the same, if you really want to, by editing each of the ammunition types and manually adding the text to the ammo name.) The downside of this whole method is that you are stuck with the ammo weights (0.01, 0.05, and so on) that FWE uses by default. You can't have ammo that weighs 0.50 pounds each, for example (that should be about right for a 40mm grenade.) You'd have to either bump this ammo type up to 1 pound each or down to 0.1 pounds each.

You could add some brand new AmmoWeight form lists of your own, like AmmoWeight050List, for our 40mm grenade example. If you do so, you'll have to modify the FWEAmmoSupplyScript to account for any such new AmmoWeight lists you create. This is slightly more advanced the the above method and is slightly more difficult. You'll need a little knowledge of scripting, just a bit though. You can easily look at the other lines in FWEAmmoSupplyScript to figure out what to do. If you need more help, ask here on the forums or possibly over at the FWE forum, if it turns out my understanding of FWE's ammo weight is actually wrong.

Allright, thanks! I'll probably be able to work something out with this. One thing, though: how do I save it as a separate .esp?

Once everything is done, I'll be happy to upload it for others to enjoy at their leisure. ;)

Allright, thanks! I'll probably be able to work something out with this. One thing, though: how do I save it as a separate .esp?

Once everything is done, I'll be happy to upload it for others to enjoy at their leisure. ;)

Here's one way:

I'd open FO3Edit, loading only the few required .esm's/.esp's (which I think, for this situation, will be Fallout3.esm, CRAFT.esm, CALIBR.esm, and the FWE main .esm, I can't check the name right now.) Expand the FWE .esm so you can see the objects you'll be overwriting. Highlight them on the left, using Control as needed to select multiple objects. Right click on one of them, select "Copy as override into...", check only "<new file>" at the next prompt, type in a name for your new .esp when it asks. After that's done, your new .esp will be at the bottom of the list. You can expand it and look around, making sure you've got copies of the objects you need. Close FO3Edit; make sure you save your changes to that .esp you made when it asks you. You can make a backup copy of that .esp, if you'd like. Now, you need to edit those form lists. The two tools I know of for editing form lists, so far, are TESsnip (a tool in FOMM) and the GECK. I'd use the GECK.

Open GECK, go to File>Data..., load only those few .esm's/.esp's you need (you can check an item in the list by double clicking it.) After you've got them checked, select your .esp, which should be at the bottom of the list, hit the "Set as Active File" button, then hit Ok. Now, any changes you make and save will be made in that .esp you created. Edit one of the form lists, and add the CALIBR ammunition as necessary by dragging them from the Object Window onto the form list you have open. Be careful; for me, for whatever reason, double clicking inside the body of a form list you're editing causes the GECK to instantly crash. Also, GECK has a tendency to add objects you merely looked at into your .esp, despite the fact that you didn't make any changes to them whatsoever. These unneeded objects are easy to clean up in FO3Edit.

I know there are other easier/faster ways to do this, but this is how I got started making patches for other mods.

• 1 year later...

xCalibrUniverse book of earache v4.2 where i find that mod i cant downloads .i see that if i try.

Site error

The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

No file exists for this ID.

Reporting this error

If you believe this error is due to a bug on the site then please use the contact form to let us know. When reporting this error please include this page URL with your report: www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14006.

tnx for the help

It's because its author (Earache42) was banned some time ago. Try googling "Book of Earache" instead. It's still out there.

Also, please bear in mind that you're actually replying to a thread that's been dead for over a year. It's thread necromancy.

• 7 years later...

How do I use that patch for xCALIBR and FWE, because I really want to remove that (Ammo Weight 0.03) stuff from the ammo I carry, for visual quality