Ok so, I am trying to create a nif file to import into skyrim. However I can not do it. I have the texture map and normal map (in dds format) and the model is a 3ds. I need help. lol. Anyways I created a mask and am having trouble creatingg the nif file. Here is a link to dropbox with the 3ds, textures and nif I have. Any help is appreciated.

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2v6al12utny92a/Amon_Mask_Dropbox.zip?dl=0

I am trying to make it wearable and yes I created a uv map. It is frustrating, I could not get the textures to show up using nifscope either, however I open them in lets say gimp or blender, they show up. Anyways, what would you recommend me doing to make it more "friendly" for nifscope?

Okay, well I've managed to get the textures to show up by importing the nif into blender, exporting it as a .3ds and then importing it back into a vanilla static mesh. However, to get the mask to work as armor is much more difficult. And I don't really know how to do it.. I believe the mesh has to be 'rigged' first in blender. I tried importing it into a vanilla dragon priest mask and swapping the meshes around, but that didn't work, as I don't think it's been rigged. (don't ask me what rigging is though, I'm still getting my head round that). But, Here's a link to a tutorial you could look at. It goes through all the steps of creating an armor for skyrim. Might be helpful.

http://www.birrabrothers.com/drac/index.php?dsps=206

But, as I said, it is VERY complex, so might take a lot of trying to get it to work. Good luck, and I hope that helped! :)

Okay, well I've managed to get the textures to show up by importing the nif into blender, exporting it as a .3ds and then importing it back into a vanilla static mesh. However, to get the mask to work as armor is much more difficult. And I don't really know how to do it.. I believe the mesh has to be 'rigged' first in blender. I tried importing it into a vanilla dragon priest mask and swapping the meshes around, but that didn't work, as I don't think it's been rigged. (don't ask me what rigging is though, I'm still getting my head round that). But, Here's a link to a tutorial you could look at. It goes through all the steps of creating an armor for skyrim. Might be helpful.

http://www.birrabrothers.com/drac/index.php?dsps=206

But, as I said, it is VERY complex, so might take a lot of trying to get it to work. Good luck, and I hope that helped! :smile:

Lol. I know how to rig but alas I may give up on this dream of importing armor and just helping others make 3d models for importation. Nifscope confuses me. And to explain rigging, it is making a mesh move with bones (in blender they are called armature). Anyways thanks for the help.