ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

A quick mod question

Trueform

Hello,

I used to mod Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I've been out of the modding loop for quite a while. I was just curious, with the creation kit is there any way to change the appearance of a weapon or piece of armour in-game without changing its properties?

For example, if I wanted to make a silver sword look like a steel sword with an in-game activator or something but keep the silver sword's stats changing nothing but the sword's model, would that be possible?

Thanks in advance for any help recieved.

Edited by Trueform

I'm not a super experienced modder, but I think that your best bet would be to create a duplicate in the ck of the sword and then have a script replace specific objectreferences that are loaded in the game via a script. I do not think that the model or texture can be referenced as a property in a script right now.

You could probably use skyProc to replace all steel swords with silver swords and vise versa without a ton of difficulty, and maybe even find a way to do it with an activator in game through skyProc somehow...

Ah yeah, a duplicate might do the job. I'm not quite as familiar with the CK as I'd like to be, so it's nice to have a second opinion. Thanks for the prompt reply too, it's appreciated :)