Gorey Requests Thread (Varying Difficulty)

kieranfoy

27 members have voted

1. 1. What gory items would you like to see?

Hey, I was just about to ask for that. You mean the Root tileset. Yeah, that's a great idea. Myabe with an actualy flesh tone, so I can do a Tyranid-influenced mod.

And maybe a few bits of furniture, so someone could make an utterly depraved house mod...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am slowly working on a necro type tileset, by slow I mean really slow, I'm using the vanilla castle tiles and individually placing lots of skulls and bones on the walls extra, slow is slower than slow as ( imagine placing 20 + skulls on each wall lol )

Mr Silka's looks nice too don't get me wrong, I just think it would be way better with a 3D effect.

On this note, I am after someone with modeling skill to fix the seams in the armor and to add eyeballs to the round parts, also had another idea, I remember in wow they had a texture on the ground that had skulls and bones on it, I had a try with just a texture I made but it didn't cut the mustard, I would like someone anyone who can model to make a landscape 3D effect of the oblivion ground with skulls placed randomly in the mesh some above ground some half sunken in.

Then we'd need a crunchy sound for walking on them but hell, I would die for such a landscape generater mesh :)

Well, I am slowly working on a necro type tileset, by slow I mean really slow, I'm using the vanilla castle tiles and individually placing lots of skulls and bones on the walls extra, slow is slower than slow as ( imagine placing 20 + skulls on each wall lol )

Mr Silka's looks nice too don't get me wrong, I just think it would be way better with a 3D effect.

On this note, I am after someone with modeling skill to fix the seams in the armor and to add eyeballs to the round parts, also had another idea, I remember in wow they had a texture on the ground that had skulls and bones on it, I had a try with just a texture I made but it didn't cut the mustard, I would like someone anyone who can model to make a landscape 3D effect of the oblivion ground with skulls placed randomly in the mesh some above ground some half sunken in.

Then we'd need a crunchy sound for walking on them but hell, I would die for such a landscape generater mesh :)

I would very much enjoy crawling through said dungeon, hear squishing and crunching sound with my every step.

Heheh, a retextured root dungeon. Kind of like that Flood place in Halo 3, where you find Cortana.

Dunmermaiden: To speed it up a bit, have you tried using the Texture Replacer? Not quite the problem you're trying to solve, but every little bit aids.

Heheh, a retextured root dungeon. Kind of like that Flood place in Halo 3, where you find Cortana.

Dunmermaiden: To speed it up a bit, have you tried using the Texture Replacer? Not quite the problem you're trying to solve, but every little bit aids.

Well I did try using a texture instead but it really needs a 3D effect, the texture ended up looking much like the eyeball on the armor I made. Call me fussy but with the skulled landscape idea, it really does need a 3D effect, much like how the long grass is in the landscape generater.

It would be far better this way than just a flat texture, a normalmap can only do so much, details such as the skulls really do need 3D

On another note, I'm going to have a looksee at the modder resources in the way of weapondry, maybe there's a mesh that would suit some gory goodness :)

Ah! That's an idea, use grass to make the skulls! The only problem I can think of their is that it might require a lot of fiddling to get them at the right height. Basically, you could take the grass mesh, port it to Blender, and replace each unit of it with a skull, then make it a new grass object, then make a new landscape texture using the grass, and then you can just paint over where you want skulls in the ground.

Has anyone else thought of an intestine sword or have I just been eating too much ramen?