Mod Downloading Issues

Ryuichimaru

Hi, Ive been a fan of oblivion since the day it was released. And the fact that there is so many mods to improve the game is whats keeping me playing all this time.

But, some us, maybe even EVERY non-premium members are have this issue, I simply cannot download any mod that is basicly bigger than 1MB, The download always fails, atleast 98% of the time, Ive tried multiple download managers, Ive tried downloading mods at a friends house, or an internet cafe. I know you need to make money and all.. but is'nt there some other way you could limit us? like.. 1 Download a day, but with resume capability? I'll be happy if i could only download 1 mod every week!. Then again i guess you wont really listen to some non premium acount user, but im just trying my luck. Ban me if you think im being offencive, Although that is not my intention.. :mellow:

Be sure to login on the website as well. It should be the same as your forum login, but it requires a seperate login attempt from the forum. Once you are logged in you should be able to download any file using the public servers. I hope this helps you.

Um.. I always log in, cause if i dont i cant download anything over something like 2MB, As in.. the size limit vir guests. Im talking about when i start any download that is bigger than 1 MB, Almost definately after a few minutes, or even seconds the download fails. Guess i should have been a bit more specific xD

Perhaps your isp may have something to do with it. As far as I'm concerned you should be able to download everything just as easily as I can or the next person unless the site has placed a particular restriction on your account which I highly doubt.

There is no restriction on the mods here. the only advantage you get with premium is faster downloading from the servers and the ability to use download managers. Do not use a download manager or accelerator, only download one mod at a time. If you get a choice of servers for your download try a different one

I would think that downloading one mod at a time would be to keep the servers from being overloaded with task. So it would make sense if a person was limited to one download at a time.

lol. I usialy download one mod at a time. And.. thanks for the replies, I'll see what i can do about the download failures. If not much can be done i will just play oblivion without them xD anyway.. thats that. Post Closed. Wait, how DO you close a post? o.O

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the late reply. You can't close post on your own, a moderator has to do that and they will not do that for these topics. You can just say post closed or topic resolved :D