Help needed with Nifscope!

Corehound

Hey every1 :0)

I'm having some trouble getting the feel on the Nifscope tool, are you actually able to use this tool to manipulate / reshape objects, or is it more for the basic work?

I can't seem to find a guide in the big old www jungle that explains this type of work for Nifscope, so I'm starting to doubt if it's possible.

What I am trying to create is a version of the Toxa GOW armor with the upper body removed and replaced with (in this case) a female torso wearing a tank-top and a GI harness, sort of like an out-of-combat look to create a resting atmosphere in my GOW Hangar cell.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/1680733-1279135653.jpg

I have basically made a complete look in Nifscope, but as I most likely haven't done it the right way, the armor cannot be equipped or dropped into the game world without CTD and as I sofar haven't been able to find a guide on how to do it the right way, I am severely stuck :'(

Any directions to a guide for this kind of work (if possible) with the use of the Nifscope tool, will as always be much appreciated :0)

With best regards

Corehound

"Cry havoc and let slip the Corehound of war!"

Nifskope is not a tool of shaping. Nifskope allows you to view Nif files, like the one above (Your picture, that model is a Nif) Blender is the tool you would want, if you want to re - shape the mesh.

Hope this helps,

- Falloutperson416

Okay, thx for the help :0)

I have heard of Blender, and have had it installed once, but never managed to figure out how to use it, but I guess I'll have to give it another go ^^

With best regards

Corehound

Wait a minute. If your tank top outfit already exists in another outfit you can use Nifskopery to switch just the upper body, and many times that will work out fine. We have many nifskope artists doing these type things with existing meshes.

Just do a search for Kikaimegami and Nifskopery and you should find some tutorials.

Here'sone, it's using Oblivion, but it's generally the same idea.

You'll find plenty of blender stuff in that search too, if you're sharp.

Wait a minute. If your tank top outfit already exists in another outfit you can use Nifskopery to switch just the upper body, and many times that will work out fine. We have many nifskope artists doing these type things with existing meshes.

Just do a search for Kikaimegami and Nifskopery and you should find some tutorials.

Here'sone, it's using Oblivion, but it's generally the same idea.

You'll find plenty of blender stuff in that search too, if you're sharp.

I have used this method before on other stuff, but the problem with the GOW armor is that it only consists of two components, 1: Body and 2: Shoulders+UtilityBelt, if the upper and lower body had been separate meshes this would have been an easy fix, but I need to change the actual shape of the main mesh :'(

Tbh I would have thought that there would be much simpler tools available by now, cutting into meshes shouldn't be more complicated then removing navmesh in GECK, like collapsing the mesh by deleting the triangles that makes up the mesh that you want to change, Nifscope would be the perfect platform for this as it is one of the less requiring tools.

Trying to get Blender installed and running to perform the work I am looking to do, has proven to not be worth the trouble, first you download Blender, then you need another download, but before that will work you'll need another download, and before that will work you'll need yet another download, four downloads later, now I still have to read 4 guides and what not, and as a new beginner, none of the tutorials and guides are written in a way that doesn't seem like marsian to me xD

As I have some problems with my concentrationspan this is way too much for me, so sadly this will be the end of yet another project of mine :'(

Thx for all the assistance every1, sorry that I wasn't able to put it to better use :0)

With best regards

Corehound

I don't recognize that armor, I wouldn't mind giving it a go, but I am working on a large project and a couple of smaller ones right now (for Oblivion), but I will be getting back to Fallout for 2 projects I have in the works, and this is one I'd certainly be interested in adding.

It does take some effort to setup and get to know Blender, but it's worth it.

Edited by myrmaad