Voice Mods

sigilmint

I'm not sure where else to post this, but I know the modding community is still really strong for DA: O, and I know someone here will have some kind of answer for me. I was wondering if it's possible to replace a character's entire voice set with new audio. I know there are some mods like this for the player character, regarding the "ladder" comment, but my goal is to do a serious recording session with a friend and redo an entire npc's lines, importing them into the game. My end-goal is to do this for Dragon Age Inquisition with a certain character, but obviously there's not much we know about DA: I's setup as far as how much modding is supported. Is it possible to do it within DA: O or DAII? Do we think it might be possible in DA: I? Thank you so much in advance for all the help!

(Sidenote--I'm really dedicated to learning how to do this! I've only played around with face morphs, before this, so I am still really new, but I would definitely want to learn how to get this in and sorted out.)

Thanks for pointing out that resource! His videos are awesome, and I've just watched almost all of his dragon age-related ones. The toolset seems to be extremely reminiscent of NWN's toolset, which I taught myself back in the day, so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to manage. My question is how to go about editing a specific, preexisting NPC's voice. For example, if I want to record a friend saying every line Alistair has in the game, and then assign that audio to Alistair, is that possible?

It's possible, modders have attempted to turn Zevran and Sten into women with voiceovers and others have screwed up a lot of in game dialogue with unnecessary, incomplete and iratically volumed VO's placed into their mods, so I see no reason why you can't do the same with Alistair's whiny voice.

Open toolset and click on the "conversations" button, then open the "_ Followers" / "_Alistair" folders, then double click "alistiar_main" to find the task set before you. You'll have to incorporate your VO's into all of that. Good luck....

Edited by DwainDibley

It's possible, modders have attempted to turn Zevran and Sten into women with voiceovers and others have screwed up a lot of in game dialogue with unnecessary, incomplete and iratically volumed VO's placed into their mods, so I see no reason why you can't do the same with Alistair's whiny voice.

Open toolset and click on the "conversations" button, then open the "_ Followers" / "_Alistair" folders, then double click "alistiar_main" to find the task set before you. You'll have to incorporate your VO's into all of that. Good luck....

alistair_main, for a start. About 1300 of his voice files are governed by that dlg, the other 1800+ files are spread across another 25 or so dlgs. /pedantry

Awesome! I definitely know it's a daunting task, but there's a character in DA: I that we already know we want to replace the voice of, so I was thinking that if I can wrap my head around a project like this, then it won't be so intense when DA: I comes out (provided it's super mod-able...)

Thank you both so much for your help~

DA:I is NOT I repeat NOT supposed to be mod-able, much less 'super mod-able'. You might be able to do some head morphs, maybe. There are multiple posts stating 'there will not be a toolset'

You can do it in DAO, I don't think that this project is something that you can extend to DA2 or DA:I

DAO and DA2 use the Eclipse game engine. It has a well understood structure for incorporating additional materials, and the DA Toolset (released by BioWare) helps in producing and packaging certain types of mods.

DA:I uses the FrostBite 3 game engine, which is not at all mod-friendly, for which there is currently NO toolset, and based on the paucity of mods for the other games using it, is unlikely to see anything other than some texture/mesh mods.