How to remove ESM requirement

LoofSquared

I have ran on a problem on my mod, I was trying to get it compatible with Better Cities (as I use it),

but it happens so that now it's dependant on Better Cities Resources.esm.

Even when I've been modding for over a year now, it's something new to me to even have master files,

if a mod has one, I'll just install it without thinking, so, what can I do, and how?

You'll have to use an external program like TES4Gecko or TES4Edit. I use the latter and basically just load my mod up and delete everything that is added by the master file (it sorts things in a similiar way to the cs, such as cells, containers, npcs, ect). Of course, you want to make sure your mod isn't using any textures/meshes and whatnot from the master file or else you could run into some problems, but I understand the frustration. It seems like once your mod saves with a master file dependency it can't get rid of it through the cs, even if you remove it from the dependency list. TES4Edit is also a great program to "proofread" your mod, so to speak, makes sure you didn't accidentally alter anything in the main oblivion master file or just allow you to scan through your items and such more efficiently than the CS>