Custom clothing (added to NPC) disappearing

killerrj8

Hello everyone,
I created a NPC (female) and added some custom clothing to her inventory. When i click "Preview" on the NPC's Base it shows her in full clothing.
I place her somewhere in the editor and she has the dress on that is in her inventory. So I go ahead and save the changes.

Now that I start up the game and walk to this said woman she all of a sudden has no clothes on anymore! I can wear them myself and followers can wear it, too. But somehow the inventory always empties itself. Like, when I now go back to the editor and focus on my cell again, she is standing there, now naked with an empty inventory. I can go ahead and re-add the outfit and she has clothes on again. But once I start up the game or close the editor the inventory will just vanish again.

I tried it with an Outfit from the original game aswell and there she appears just like she does in the editor fully dressed!

Please help me, what can I do so the inventory doesn't disappear all the time

For the description of the problem, it sounds like you're trying to use clothing items from another mod in your own. In order to do this, you'll either need to make the clothes part of your own mod, or make the clothing mod a master to yours. This page details methods of ESM/ESP mastering. While that page is intended for TES IV: Oblivion, the methods described will work for Fallout 3 as well. Useful tools are: FO3Edit (here's a training manual for it), Wrye Flash, and TESGecko*.

* In order to use TES4Gecko with Fallout 3, you'll have to use the Set Directory button to direct it to your FO3 Data folder.

Edited by The_Vyper