DLC Made "Unauthorized"

Mcoffey

Like the title says, I downloaded Leliana's Song, installed it with DAModder, and now all of the official DLC has become "unauthorized".Which means I cant load my saves, and I cant play the Leliana Campaign. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? I've updated to 1.03 and have all the stuff connected to their Social Network thing, so it isn't any of the obvious things.

I scoured the official forums and they didn't have any answers. I'm hoping you guys are smarter.

Like the title says, I downloaded Leliana's Song, installed it with DAModder, and now all of the official DLC has become "unauthorized".Which means I cant load my saves, and I cant play the Leliana Campaign. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? I've updated to 1.03 and have all the stuff connected to their Social Network thing, so it isn't any of the obvious things.

I scoured the official forums and they didn't have any answers. I'm hoping you guys are smarter.

Not sure how/why DAModder got involved. (For custom dazips I use DAO-Modder myself, but...) Any "official" DLC installs automagically on my system. Could that be the source of your problem?

Never used the DAModder to install the DLC, just did it in the game itself. Otherwise I would suggest the DAUpdater that came with the game. Using a third party mod manager may be the reason it's coming up unauthorized.

Okay that sounds like it's the source of my problem, would you guys know of any way to fix it?

Edit: Okay I did what is now seeming like a stupid move and did a reinstall. Everything went fine except now I do not have anything in the Available Downloads Tab. It's just blank.

Okay that sounds like it's the source of my problem, would you guys know of any way to fix it?

Edit: Okay I did what is now seeming like a stupid move and did a reinstall. Everything went fine except now I do not have anything in the Available Downloads Tab. It's just blank.

Well, YMMV, but I've done a complete un-install/re-install several time troubleshooting the 1.03 patch issues. <sigh>

It sometimes took a few minutes after I "logged-in" to the BioWare servers, but all of my previously purchased DLC appeared as "Available" and, when selected, re-downloaded and re-installed without any problem. Seemed to take forEVER to get TSP, of course, but otherwise went smoothly.

Question: Retail disc, or Steam version?

Well, YMMV, but I've done a complete un-install/re-install several time troubleshooting the 1.03 patch issues. <sigh>

It sometimes took a few minutes after I "logged-in" to the BioWare servers, but all of my previously purchased DLC appeared as "Available" and, when selected, re-downloaded and re-installed without any problem. Seemed to take forEVER to get TSP, of course, but otherwise went smoothly.

Question: Retail disc, or Steam version?

Retail version, and I waited for about five minutes, but still nothing happened. I looked through the files and I think it may be a problem with the DAUpdatersvc.service executable. When I click on it, a pop-up appears with this message:

"Cannot start service from command line or a debugger. A windows service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Service Administrative tool, or the NET START command."

If it cant update, that would explain why there's nothing in the Downloadable content tab right? So what i'm wondering is how did it get that way, and how would I fix that?

• 2 weeks later...

I was having authorization issues with some mods yesterday as well.

I highly suggest this thread, it's very long, but it's also very thorough and as long as you pay attention it shouldn't cause any problems.

Very interesting thread and it solved a problem I was having with DAO Dlc so thanks :)