How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had been having some trouble not knowing where to install mods and such, and this helped tremendously. I saved it on a notepad on my computer as well, if you do not mind ^^

I was installing the Archfall House mod, and when it actually appeared on the plug ins, I was so excited I screamed, "I WON!!!" about ten times.... Yes, I think I have brain issues.

Mucho gracias! <33

hey kool thread, as far as I can see you guys have a lot of great input. Im sure thats appreciated,

However, I am rather new to this and I have read all through this thread and so far havnt seem to have found the question I would ask. I have downloaded my mod, downloaded the TESoblivion download, and so far have done everything as stated above. I get to the point where I place the file into the data files section, and do that. I noted a question by another concerning the 7Zip file. That appears to be what my file is.

So, to my question:

Just how do I 'unzip' my 7Zip file to make it an esp. file? Is it absolutely necessary to download additional things to do this?

Oh, and in case it helps, my mod is a simple weapon/armor one. One single file, hopefully one single problem.

Ty very much to anyone who will help me, and once again, my apologies for my arrogance

I'll be installing Oblivion on my new system next week, and I've made a list of mods i'll be installing (so I can download them in advance).

Now, I've been reading the most readme's online to prepare myself as much as possible for the hassle of installing 30+ mods, I've also been reading dev_akm's googlepages (espacially these two) but they seem to be contradicting each other a little, and I'm a little confused.

Below is an ordered list of the mods I've selected, in the order of which they should be loaded (I think). If anybody would be so kind to review it a little and see if there are any mistakes that could happen. As far as I know, none of the mods will conflict with each other.

I find the difference between esp's and esm's a little confusing (I guess that's natural, never having installed a mod), but I've understood that all esm's come first and the esp's afterwards?

And one last question: some of these mods require OBSE, now do I just need to install that, or do I actually need to do smth with it, before placing the esp's in OBMM???