How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

i have a problem. i intstalled Cryo_'s ordinator indoril armor mod and had been playing for about two days. i got to a bit where id just gotten the great welkynd and was heading to cloud ruler. the game kept going black and freezing up with the old 'send error report' message. i reinstalled and the game was working fine. but my mod got reset and i lost the armor (little message upon loading about content that requires bla bla bla). i unchecked the mod, restarted and went to buy the mod armor (from best defence) but it wasnt there. i saved the game as a test and then reloaded. still didnt work. after trying a few different things, saving, reloading, deleting and 'reinstalling' the mod i came to the conclusion that it didnt work anymore. i though ok just one mod. when i tried to play other, new ones, they dont appear in the game either. i tick them as a data file and everything appears fine but the mod doesnt appear in the game, no new areas, npcs, armor, weapons, nothing. i even made my own quick test in CS and changed an npc's hair to make sure no mods were working and they werent, no changes, just Oblivion.esm.

can someone help me. i have tried reinstalling but havent tried making a new character. really not worth starting again for a mod, but its very disappointing not being able to use them.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone help me. i have tried reinstalling but havent tried making a new character. really not worth starting again for a mod, but its very disappointing not being able to use them.

I remember fumbling on a page (I don't remember if it was here or some affiliate site from a moder) where it is said that completely removing Oblivion for a total reinstall would involve more than just using the Windows "Add or Remove Programs" guizmo... But I'm not sure. Verify this by looking up/searching for "uninstall Oblivion". If it is the case, you'll still have to address the specific mod problem from which originated your global Oblivion Hula-hoop though... You should discuss the later issue directly within the mod's forum thread.

Sorry, but I'm a newbie with Oblivion, so I can't tell you more... I just felt like answering about what I would "intuitively" do before excavating Oblivion's forums, since you had no reply to your request - yet. Good luck!

Sorry, but I'm a newbie with Oblivion, so I can't tell you more... I just felt like answering about what I would "intuitively" do before excavating Oblivion's forums, since you had no reply to your request - yet. Good luck!

Thanks for the help, ill try reinstalling again and removing everything, except the saves. I tried a new character and it didnt work so its definately something wrong within the game. ill look around the net, bound to find something relevant in cyberspace.

Would anyone be able to tell me if saves can effect the game, like the settings and mods. i know if you remove the mod u lose the items etc., but if u re-enable it, do you have to 'start again' with the mod, like quests and so on. i wasnt able to find out as the mods stopped working entirely when i did this.

Edit: Re-installed again today, still the mods dont work. Is there something, like a registry, that is blocking the mods from working? anyone else experienced this?

• 2 weeks later...

hi there. i started getting mods today, and have got so confused it isn't even funny. i followed every one of your steps, and i am really sorry if you think i am stupid but i am at a loss of what to do. i go on2 data files and it isn't there. i dont know wat i doing wrong so i can't tell u wat i did.

hope u can help :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...So like most first time mod users I am stuck...Usually I have my brother help me out or just do it for me...but he's not around now...Im stuck...

I thought I have done everything right but its not coming up in the oblivion data files menu when you start up oblivion...

Help would be much appreciated.

my yahoo messenger is visionqueen101

To anyone that helps...thanks much...

ahhh... ok so just started dling mods for oblivion today.. and im stuck like everyone else whos asking for help here -_- i dl the mod i dled winrar right click on the unextracted version of the mod that i dled extract the esp file to :C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data folder do that.. then open up oblivion click on data files and no other check box... those were the steps you all said right? if not CURSE MY BAD EYES! lil help here please no 2nd checkbox what did i do wrong?

ok ive got a few quetions, 1) where can i find the save files, i cant find em :(

2) ive downloaded kielanai's akaviri kijoma japanese style island homes, its opens with bitTorrent and is a .rar file. also it isnt an actual folder, its a file so i cant open it to get a readme file and the other file. ive tryed following the tutorial but it didnt work. there is probaly a REALLY simple answer to this ...so if anyone can give me that answer it would help :P

Clicking on the .rar file opened bittorent? Make sure that you select WinRAR (or whatever program you're using for these files) as the program to open the rar file with.

And your text font is difficult to read.