How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

Did you associate all of the zip formats with 7-zip? the ones to associate are 7z, zip, rar.

On the Folder Options screen, click on the File Types tab at the top.

You should see a list of program extensions ( the 3 letters after the dot in a file name) and the application that opens them.

Scroll down until you find 7Z. click once on it.

Below you will see a section labeled "Details for '7Z' extension"

under that you will see Opens with - and it should say 7-Zip File manager. If it does, move to the next type. If it does not, then click on the CHANGE block. A pop up should show you a list of programs. 7-Zip should be in the recomended programs. if it is, click on it. If not, click on browse and search your file structure for wherever you installed 7-zip. in the 7-Zip folder, select 7-ZIP 7zFM.exe

Scroll on down the file types and find RAR and do the same with it - associate it with the 7-zip file manager (7zFM.exe)

Then way down at the bottom of the list, find ZIP and associate it also.

If you do not see RAR, don't worry, that just means you don't have any .rar files yet. The important one here is the 7-zip.

After you have set up the files to associate with 7-zip, click on the Apply block, then the close block.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi. I'm new with this mod.. kind of thing.. so i really need ur help!!

How do I install IDRR-corean hair? I've tried to follow everystep in the Readme files but it doesn't work.

Maybe I got it wrong coz' the hair doesn't show in the game.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hei

I have a problem with the mods. First i dropped some of the mod files from Illumination Within and its working perfectly but i have some mods more and i cant drop them in the data folder. The problem is that the folders "textures" and "meshes" from "Illumination Within" alredy is in the data folder, and when i fx. want to drop the "Loading Screens" mod files they exchange the "textures" with the new "textures". If i did this, only the "Loading Screens" will work.

Hope someone will answer my simple problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Ummm ... so, just started playing Oblivion: GOTY edition yesterday. Today, installed my first mods: OBSE and Lock Bash.

How the heck do I activate them? I start up the game and there's no option to enable data files anywhere!

Download and install oblivion mod manager... Run it and "tick" the boxes next to mod names.

Then run the game with OBSE exe

Ummm ... so, just started playing Oblivion: GOTY edition yesterday. Today, installed my first mods: OBSE and Lock Bash.

How the heck do I activate them? I start up the game and there's no option to enable data files anywhere!

Download and install oblivion mod manager... Run it and "tick" the boxes next to mod names.

Then run the game with OBSE exe

WOOT! Worked like a charm ... thank you very very much!

Could anyone help me install mods.

1 Open new folder on desktop and extract mod into that folder. You will need 7-zip or winrar for that

Link- 7-Zip Archive Utility

2 Open it, find any files and folders it has. It could be- Textures, meshes,sound, load folders and esp files

3 Copy those files and folder and go into oblivion data folder and click paste.If asked to overwrite click

yes to all

Simply...Just place esp's and textures, meshes,etc folders into data folder... Also read any documentation

it has.

Not working?

Try installing like this-

1. Download and install Obmm (oblivion mod manager). http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097

2. Run Obmm , and click on create on the right side of Obmm.

3. click on add files and direct it to mod you want to install.

4. give it a name and click create OMOD.

5. Click on your new OMOD and activate.