How To Install Plugins/mods

Stampede

I did everything you said to do in your instructions, and i've seen people post this before but they have never gotten a straight answer before so can someone be clear with me on this? I'll download a mod that i want using WinRaR. Then when i extract the file to my data file and go to activate it, the mod isn't there. Is there something i'm missing? It doesn't do this with all my mods just most of them do this. I read the comments from the mods to see if people are having the same technical problems i do but all they say s great mod. So i think it's something i'm doing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have read the instructions on the first page. (Although I have not read all 28 pages of this thread, so sorry if this was already asked.) In the direction it says install the .esp into the data folder. I have done that. It then says you need to put the textures in meshes into the texture and meshes folder. For me though, there is no textures and meshes folder. Am I supposed to create these folders? (In the data folder, there is a texture.bsa, and meshes.bsa file though...?)

Thanks in advance for any help, I guess I will go and read those 28 pages while waiting for a response. ;)

I have read the instructions on the first page. (Although I have not read all 28 pages of this thread, so sorry if this was already asked.) In the direction it says install the .esp into the data folder. I have done that. It then says you need to put the textures in meshes into the texture and meshes folder. For me though, there is no textures and meshes folder. Am I supposed to create these folders? (In the data folder, there is a texture.bsa, and meshes.bsa file though...?)

Thanks in advance for any help, I guess I will go and read those 28 pages while waiting for a response. ;)

Wow, sorry for my stupidity. I just re-read step six, where it specifically explains that to me.

hi i have ps3 and wondering how to put mods on Oblivion. I have tried looking on google but found nothing. HELP! thanks in advance:)

You can't. OS file structure is too different to allow for it.

Um, i have a question. What if the file you end up with is a 7V file? What are you supposed to do with that file?

I am assuming you are referring to a .7zip (also answering a previous question by Squid2Rocket) 7zip and zip files are different, .7zip's have a very high compression ratio and you must use a program like winrar or 7zip to open/extract them.

Matt

I've had a skim through to try to find a solution to my problem but can't find one.

I downloaded OBMM and all the mods I wanted, no problems. I installed the mods on OBMM and activated them, fine. I checked the data folder to see if they were in there, they are. I loaded oblivion to enjoy my mods, there are none.

Have I missed some vital step here ?

Do the mods take a while to set in ?

The most imediate mod I downloaded was the map colour mod so I checked that first, but the map was normal, I jumped and there were no flips. Do I need to start a new game to run them or something ? please help

EDIT: Nevermind, just realised that the map colour mod was one that gave me a message I didnt understand so I left it, however the flips still arent happening, do I need a higher acrobatics level ?