Request for Ideas

zprospero

Sort of a request, and sort of not.

I really want to do some voice-acting for a mod, there are some I'm working on that need it, but I want one that I can finish somewhat soon.

I've been thinking of a Shakespeare inspired mod, as I think it would be unique, and give me a chance to do a solid chunk of dialogue. Macbeth, in particular.

So what sort of people would you like to actually talk to, in Oblivion? And would anyone actually play a Shakespeare mod?

A Shakespearean mod, from what I've seen, would include a load of talking. It'd be a lot of time taken typing out all the dialogue and lining it up.

Know what'd be fun? If you got permission from one of the production companies to use spoken dialogue straight from the audio of an actual performance.

I'd probably not play it, unless you found some way to actually make it interesting and fun. To me, Shakespeare is just something I'm forced to read in Literature class, and I really don't play Oblivion for Literature class stuff. It's an edutainment thing.

@ub3rman123

Yeah, that's my concern. I've set up lots of dialogue before, it's really annoying but not a big deal. But how to make it engaging?

I think just making it clearer and keeping the actual poetic stuff to a minimum. (There are a couple of really good poetic lines, but the endless barrage of them can be trying.)

But there's a lot of stuff in Oblivion that matches up nicely. For instance, one of the demon/apparitions tells Macbeth that:

Macbeth shall never vanquish'd be until

Great Birnam wood to high Dunsinane hill

Shall come against him.

Basically, it says that until the nearby forest itself gets up and attacks his castle that he'll never be defeated.

An army of Spriggans would be interesting here, I don't have to be fully faithful to the play.

@Everyone

Also, remember my second 'request.' Who would you like to talk to? A random adventured like yourself with some amusing stories?

An old mad dunmer talking about how back in Morrowind the mudcrabs were bigger and TALKED! That sort of thing.

That would be a nice and small immersion mod.

Personally, I always like to speak to scholars, wizards, quirky folks with much knowledge and personality.

That old priest guy from the Fifth Element, he'd be cool to talk to.

Yeah, the nutcases from SI were quite interesting. It was refreshing to be able to actually see that every NPC was unique in some manner other than his clothes and name.