Cannot Enter Tamriel Worldspace

DavidBudreck

I have been playing and modding oblivion for a Very long time, and I have never seen anything like this.

I had been playing in the Shivering Isles, but have subsequently loaded previous saves before entering the isles and am having the same problem.

I cannot enter the Tamriel Worldspace. I can enter other worldspaces, like all of the IC districts, the Isles, plus other modded worldspaces, but whenever I try to enter any point in Tamriel, I get the "You cannot go this way, turn back." message that teleports me right back from wherever I try to enter.

I tried deleting the Oblivion.ini file and have it regenerate, but that did not solve the problem.

I also tried searching for similar problems, but he usability of the search function seems to have degraded a bit since I last tried using it.

Now, when loading any saved game out in Tamriel, I am teleported to the Tiber Septim hotel, where Oblivion always puts you when it gets really confused, and then the cycle starts over again. I can enter any district, but when I try to fast travel, or use any of the doors leading to the Imperial Isle, I get the same message and am teleported back to wherever I came from.

Does anybody have any idea how I even begin troubleshooting this?

it would help if you included a list of your currently activated mods, including the ones in a bash patch if you have one.

The issue is not a mod conflict. I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that.

I have not changed the mod list in months.

I entered the Shivering Isle, and the game has not been the same since.

If it was a mod conflict or some such thing, I would have expected that loading from a saved game before I went to the Isles would have solved the issue. Instead, I end up in the Tiber Septim Hotel.

Something has gone corrupt. Any ideas what it could be?