Mod idea - more random Wasteland stuff!

Necromancist

I'm planning on making a rather big mod, aiming at placing a lot more small, unique scenes out in the Wasteland. Think the skeleton with a Quantum and a BB Gun under the water tower outside Minefield, or The Roach King's throne, and you get the general idea.

Now, I'm somewhat new to modding so this will be a long-term project (2+ months). What I'm asking for right now is inspiration and ideas, since I need to plan it all. What kind of interesting scenes do you think could be placed out there in the wild, wild Wasteland? I'll give you some examples:

• A circle of teddy bears, each holding a frag grenade and sitting on a live frag mine, with a mini nuke in the center. Can you reach it without being blown up?
  • A dead Wastelander (or possibly an original named NPC), lying dead beneath a chair on a rocky outcropping/cliff edge, with a sniper rifle and some .308 ammo on his body. A lot of Dirty Water bottles would be near him - he's apparently died of radiation poisoning.
  • A ruined house, in which a skeleton is lying on the floor with a low-condition 10mm pistol in its hand, and a skeleton being crucified onto a wall by means of several pieces of rebar. A nearby terminal would, through journal entries, chronicle these two: a christian couple whose refuge in faith after the war turned to fundamentalism, and eventually insanity; the man crucified his wife in the belief she was a witch, and then shot himself to atone for his sins.
  • A "Keller Family" style mini-quest, with terminals/notes in old ruins leading you onwards, eventually ending in a cache of treasure. The clues to the location of the next note would be cryptic; possibly riddles and the like.
  • A dead wastelander lying near a campfire in a secluded area, with a massive amount of Jet, Psycho and Buffout around him. A note on his person would detail why he came here; after Raiders attacked his sister, he decided to take all the drugs they had saved up (since they were both junkies) and flee. He then injected himself with way too many drugs to fight off the raiders, killing them all before succumbing to the overdose. Might add some mutilated remains to emphasise this.

Thanks for any eventual feedback and ideas. ^_^

A dead wastelander lying near a campfire in a secluded area, with a massive amount of Jet, Psycho and Buffout around him. A note on his person would detail why he came here; after Raiders attacked his sister, he decided to take all the drugs they had saved up (since they were both junkies) and flee. He then injected himself with way too many drugs to fight off the raiders, killing them all before succumbing to the overdose. Might add some mutilated remains to emphasise this.

Actually I found a dead wastelander much like this in rhe vanilla game while modding. He is on top of a small hill near Oasis. His note starts with "F*** it" and describes how he has given up on life, went out into the wasteland and took 20 hits of psycho so the wasteland would eat him up. You are welcome to anything left on his body, which is surrounded by dead molerats. Probably OD'd eating him.

Sounds like a fun mod though. The wasteland is a hostile place to mod I have found, especially if you plan to upload. Lots of mods could overwrite your changes because the Wasteland is heavily modded, especially near populated areas. That wasn't something I really considered much at first, so just a heads up for you to consider.

A dead wastelander lying near a campfire in a secluded area, with a massive amount of Jet, Psycho and Buffout around him. A note on his person would detail why he came here; after Raiders attacked his sister, he decided to take all the drugs they had saved up (since they were both junkies) and flee. He then injected himself with way too many drugs to fight off the raiders, killing them all before succumbing to the overdose. Might add some mutilated remains to emphasise this.

Actually I found a dead wastelander much like this in rhe vanilla game while modding. He is on top of a small hill near Oasis. His note starts with "F*** it" and describes how he has given up on life, went out into the wasteland and took 20 hits of psycho so the wasteland would eat him up. You are welcome to anything left on his body, which is surrounded by dead molerats. Probably OD'd eating him.

Sounds like a fun mod though. The wasteland is a hostile place to mod I have found, especially if you plan to upload. Lots of mods could overwrite your changes because the Wasteland is heavily modded, especially near populated areas. That wasn't something I really considered much at first, so just a heads up for you to consider.

Didn't know about that. I'll try to find him! :D

I'm aware of all the potential conflicts, but I'm just planning on adding stuff in the unused nooks and crannies of the Wasteland, in abandoned houses, perhaps even some manholes or somesuch to new small areas and the like. I'm probably not going to edit many things near populated areas, and given the sheer size of the game world I doubt many things will spawn in the same place (which I assume is what you mean by "conflicts").

And I agree with Krimzin, a move would be great. I just made it here since I'm not technically requesting a mod to be made, just asking for help.

Yeah, I never know where to put posts like this then I finally decided they do best in file requests. Because everyone there usually has tons of ideas they wanna share. Anyway, I PM'd buddah, so hopefully he'll help you move it.

I got a couple ideas too

A skeleton in a house on top of a chandelier with a small group of feral ghouls under him. Think zombie movie.

A bunch of skeletal roleplayers with a holotape on their D&D character.

Two dead naked people stuck in a walk in freezer that built two snowmen and gave them their clothes [DLC anchorage needed for snowman]

A mock setup of the last supper

A skeletal arm stuck in a vending machine [his candy bar got stuck. then his arm. then the bombs dropped.]

A wastelander with no head and a pistol lying next to him. he was playing Russian roulette. Obviously he lost.

A guy in leather armor with a sawed off shotgun and a note saying he was looking for bartertown [mad max]

The bridge keeper from monty python and the holy grail [from fallout 2]

a wall full of photos....black and white faces ,an happy'50 american family and its portraits

round the corner a long time dead body with an axe in its stomach

scattered around food....a lot

a map near the body that lead to nowhere

read something by bukowsky

you surely find something interesting