Games that desperately need a sequel

Sinophile

the first game was great, left an ending that desired a sequal with bigger guns and a lot more to do.

my pick....

Freedom Fighters

http://i29.tinypic.com/sl7daq.jpg

Yes Freedom Fighters! I had so much playing that.

Sim City needs an update and please, no Sim City Societies Sequels!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gosh... there are so many!

but let's start with the most important... The Elder Scrolls! (you know you're drooling for it!)

prince of persia (the one from 2008,no cel shading please,thank you)

crysis! (it's been forever!)

chrono trigger! (need i say more?)

zone of the enders (wow!)

bioshock

fallout 3 (i mean seriously!)

GTA San Andreas (not that cheap excuse of GTA4)

Oni (remember that one?)

Mafia (talk about beta limbo)

Metroid (the platformer, with cool graphics, like bionic commando rearmed)

Unreal (the story driven, not that tournament nonsense)

thief 3 (drool!)

half life 2, (not more episodes)

arx fatalis (don't hold your breath, though)

rainbow six

ghost recon

scarface

devil may cry

and last but not least... cave story!(doukutsu monogatari) with 3d graphics!

there are many many others i would like to see sequels of... but i think that's enough for now.

I've played Coktel Vision's Ween: The Prophecy in 1992 at the age of five, though there never ever a sequel was made. Too bad, for it was really fascinating difficult for me in those days :sweat:

http://www.abload.de/img/anne9hol.gifinside

but let's start with the most important... The Elder Scrolls! (you know you're drooling for it!)

bioshock

Oni (remember that one?)

thief 3 (drool!)

rainbow six

ghost recon

scarface

devil may cry

there are many many others i would like to see sequels of... but i think that's enough for now.

Isn't Crysis getting a sequel?

And I agree Oni definitely needs a next gen release.

bioshock

Oni (remember that one?)

thief 3 (drool!)

rainbow six

ghost recon

scarface

devil may cry

Yeah, a lot of those games have/are getting sequels.

There have been many PoP games, theres a Crysis 2, Chrono Cross, Bioshock 2, Fallout: New Vegas (with a Fallout 4 all but confirmed), GTA 4 is a sequel - even if it's not to everyones taste, theres a Mafia 2 nearly out, there've been several more Metroid platforming games (as well as the FPS sequels), Unreal 2, Half Life 2 is guaranteed a sequel eventually, there've been millions of Rainbow Six games, and Devil May Cry has several sequels too.

For me, I'd like to see a Startopia 2 (shame Mucky Foot went bankrupt), Uplink 2, Evil Genius 2, Mech Warrior 5, and Age of Empires 4, to name a few. Sadly I doubt we'll get any of them :(

bioshock

Oni (remember that one?)

thief 3 (drool!)

rainbow six

ghost recon

scarface

devil may cry

Yeah, a lot of those games have/are getting sequels.

There have been many PoP games, theres a Crysis 2, Chrono Cross, Bioshock 2, Fallout: New Vegas (with a Fallout 4 all but confirmed), GTA 4 is a sequel - even if it's not

to everyones taste, theres a Mafia 2 nearly out, there've been several more Metroid platforming games (as well as the FPS sequels), Unreal 2, Half Life 2 is guaranteed a

sequel eventually, there've been millions of Rainbow Six games, and Devil May Cry has several sequels too.

For me, I'd like to see a Startopia 2 (shame Mucky Foot went bankrupt), Uplink 2, Evil Genius 2, Mech Warrior 5, and Age of Empires 4, to name a few. Sadly I doubt we'll

get any of them :(

[rant]

Well,yes!, there IS supposed to be a Mafia 2 under development, but it's been "nearly out" for how long? 8 years? please!,

Same with Crysis 2... how much longer are we going to have to wait?

Is bioshock 2 out already?

chrono cross, yes, that was a good one, wish there was a modern remake of it with updated graphics, i mean..

look at Final Fantasy! (talk about excess of sequels!) they have been telling us the same story over and over again

every couple of years. and every time gamers case the shops en masse to buy the latest installment of FF, just to find out

it's basically the same with slightly better graphics improvements. kind of a bummer if you ask me.

Unreal 2: that was a major improvement over the previous. too bad people at Epic keep wasting their time (and ours!) releasing more Tournament games!, i mean, they've got this wonderful engine and all they come up with is yet another lame shoot-em-up game. while letting other companies take the better part of it to make real games that actually have something to say. it's a bit disappointing.

I would not call GTA4 a sequel in any way. the only part of "sequel" it has is the name!, but long gone are the days when you spent hundreds

of hours just exploring the world, and getting every single race and license there was. the days when you needed to workout to keep your shape or eat like a pig just to have some girl like you. GTA4 was (as far as i can see) just an experiment of how far could they push people's computers (and pockets) using only a well known franchise such as GTA to leverage hardware upgrades.(you know you bought that new video card just so you could play that game)

Prince of Persia is an odd ball.first they create a rich universe revolving the sands of time, they get huge profits from it... then they drop it altogether saying "the sands had to go, they are not so cool anymore" and as a gamer you read that and say: wait....WHAT?. not to mention the drastic change of appearance. they drop all the lore and take a whole new approach. so yeah.... you get over it.. you even start to like it! but lo and behold, they decide to drop that one and continue with the sands! i mean... what is wrong with them? they think this is a game?? (well... yes, actually it is! :P )

Something similar happens with Devil May Cry... you come fresh from playing DMC3 and come back from the shop, box in hand, smile in your face, expecting to play an overhauled Dante and yet another engaging story and then you start the game and see Nero...(who the hell is this guy?)by the nines! (no, wait... I'm getting a bit mixed up here). Something totally different so you have to develop new strategies to deal with the monsters. so by the time you get to actually use Dante, it doesn't even matter anymore. moreover, the new strategies that you had developed don't even apply either. so it's like... right... here we go again...i just wish it was the other way around and we started the game playing as Dante AND THEN change to Nero...well, I'm already looking forward for a sequel...with Vergil this time around!.

We've all been craving for new HalfLife adventure. but all we have been given is a series of "half" told stories. while it's good that we get to play some new content from Valve more often, I wish they created full stories with each release... because frankly, wading through hordes of enemies just to find a "to be continued..."sign at the end is just... annoying! I'd rather cope with a bad ending (such as FO3) than with a non existent one.

And that's the good thing about the Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon games! since you are a just soldier with a mission (as opposed to the "savior of humanity") then you can have as many full, interesting stories as you'd possibly want! since every one can be totally different from the previous without a break in the immersion of the story. so yes! I'm really expecting to see yet another Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon to add to my collection...just keep 'em comin'! (it just makes me wonder why Call of Duty games have taken so long to release)

The only Metroid platformers I've seen are the ones for GBA, which are not bad may i add. but.. it's not such a great improvement if compared to the modern platformers such as Megaman 8+ and Bionic Commando Rearmed. as for First person Metroid.... man... that's just wrong! specially considering they are not for PC (no mouse + WSAD) so you're stuck with that horrendous controller.

[/rant]

Well, I've written too much already so I'm just going to end with this: Starcraft Ghost! man... i remember i almost cried when i learned the project had been cancelled.