Which Splinter Cell Games are Good?

Sinophile

I just finished playing Splinter Cell: Conviction. Being a fan of the Metal Gear series(never played MGS4 though), I was very impressed with both the storyline and gameplay. I was wondering what other Splinter Cell games would be worth playing(if not all of them).

well i got them all excluding conviction as a collection on pc from amazon i think, for a cheap price of around £14.00

so you could get them cheap depending where you are, online

The very first game is pretty cool. Interesting story and quality game play.

The second game, Pandora Tomorrow, is also good, but it's (in my opinion anyway) the least spectacular of all of the Splinter Cell games.

Chaos Theory is the third title in the series and is (again, in my opinion) the best of all of them. Absolutely awesome game.

The fourth game is Double Agent and is very good. Definitely worth playing a few times.

To be completely honest, avoid Double Agent like the plague.

It was WAY too short and easy. It's glitched to an eternal abyss and they're so bad that they sometimes make a mission impossible. I'm talking ridiculous safe-cracking here.

Get Chaos theory. It's my favourite of the bunch,

To be completely honest, avoid Double Agent like the plague.

It was WAY too short and easy. It's glitched to an eternal abyss and they're so bad that they sometimes make a mission impossible. I'm talking ridiculous safe-cracking here.

Get Chaos theory. It's my favourite of the bunch,

Hmm, I never encountered any bugs or glitches while playing DA. I bought it when it went budget, though, so maybe they patched it up.

• 2 weeks later...
I was mainly interested in the storyline, as Conviction seemed to make a lot of references to previous events. The protagonist is also pretty old(for an action hero in a video game.), has served in Desert Storm, and had an adult daughter. He had to be at least 18 in 1990(when he served in Desert Storm according to the game), meaning he was born in or before 1972, making him somewhere in his 40s in Conviction(which supposedly takes place in 2009). Interestingly, that makes him about the same age as Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid(who was born in 1974, although I have yet to play the fourth installment of MGS). Conviction was pretty short though, and seemed to focus mostly on multiplayer.

You gotta love a game where Michael Ironside is the voice of your character. I have yet to play Conviction, but all of the others were pretty good. And I'll echo what others have said, Chaos Theory was my favorite as well. The replay value is pretty good if you like to go back through to get a perfect rating for each level.

The replay value is pretty good if you like to go back through to get a perfect rating for each level.

I'll second this, but I'll add in that you're never going to get a perfect rating on all the missions unless it's on the normal difficulty. On anything harder, your score gets cut if the bad guys even get spooked the slightest little bit. And there's just NO way to go through the levels without making at least a few of them edgy.