Please take a look at these two mods

eLucifer

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9295 (Pulse Rifle from HL2)

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7505 (A Minigun that shoots Heavy Incinerator projectiles)

The textures of these mods just don't work. Whether or not you put them in the right direction or have Archieve Invalidation, they just don't work. Funny thing is, the minigun doesn't even have any new textures... So please, these mods I really want to use them in my game. Please do something about this, because I highly doubt the authors ever will.

It seems that other people have been able to get these to work. Have you read through all of the documentation, especially the entire comment section? Do you have all of the required mods?

It seems that other people have been able to get these to work. Have you read through all of the documentation, especially the entire comment section? Do you have all of the required mods?

The texture path of the top one (i rifle) is hard coded:

c:\games\fallout 3\data\textures\jack's i rifle\ar2 irifle.dds

The second weapon in the i rifle mod is pathed to:

c:\docments and settings\d1\desktop\3dmodels\wep attachz\bipod folded.dds and

c:\games\fallout 3\data\textures\jackpackwepons\assault\xm586 2.dds

it's a bit of a mess, the textures don't appear to be in included.

Let me look at the other:

The flamer minigun is only a plugin with no meshes or textures included. It's dependent on Broken Steel so if you don't have that DLC you're out of luck on that one.

Try this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/fklIxY_G/jacksIrifle.html

Edited by myrmaad

I have all the DLCs and read the description, readme file and comments sections of both of those files. I'm no chump.

HOWEVER, I didn't understand a thing from what this guy said:

The texture path of the top one (i rifle) is hard coded:

c:\games\fallout 3\data\textures\jack's i rifle\ar2 irifle.dds

The second weapon in the i rifle mod is pathed to:

c:\docments and settings\d1\desktop\3dmodels\wep attachz\bipod folded.dds and

c:\games\fallout 3\data\textures\jackpackwepons\assault\xm586 2.dds

it's a bit of a mess, the textures don't appear to be in included.

Let me look at the other:

The flamer minigun is only a plugin with no meshes or textures included. It's dependent on Broken Steel so if you don't have that DLC you're out of luck on that one.

Try this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/fklIxY_G/jacksIrifle.html

I have all the files in where they should be. The textures folder and the meshes folder. I still don't get what else I'm supposed to do. And I don't get what to do with the .rar you sent me either. Please be more specific.

Hardcoding is where the author sets the path of the files to only one place. That place is most likely his Fallout 3 directory but since many people prefer to install the game in some other place such as F:\Games\Fallout 3 or something like that, the paths for them are started in the fallout 3 data folder itself. Anyway, You have to move the texture and mesh file to where myrmaad said in order for them to work.

Hope this helps, good luck.

-endarax

I actually fixed both meshes.

I was actually talking to bben regarding the paths.

All you need to do is download the 7z file I uploaded after I fixed it, unzip it and paste it into your data file, when asked, say yes to over-write.

Or don't. It's up to you.

To Meshes? Ok I'll do that but I'm having problem with the textures, not meshes. :/