Any mod suggestions?

ichiyamamoto

I continue to read comments on this site about people with 200+ mods and already

at the limit. I find it incredible. What kind of mods do y'all have?

I have about ten different non CM companions- male and female. I have probably 7 animal companion mods. These folks and animals I use to populate my houses. I have two castles, three or four houses (modded), a furniture mod, tons of items mods (e.g. Imperial Furniture and Lamps of Oblivion). I have one island mod (Halcyon Island). Different worldspaces- Auriel's Retreat and Nascosto Isles. Four or five shops for different clothing/armors (Apachii's and Tona's are my favorites probably). My characters have tons of different clothes, wigs, armors, weapons and jewelry. Many used in my videos.

I have a small overhaul- Meogron's Knights. Beautification mods- Clintmich's series for the IC. Different creatures- e.g. Rebel's sexualized monsters. I have COBL for the food and different drinks. Really just whatever suits my fancy. I like new worldspaces, different quests and lots of "stuff," lol

I like items, so I have Oblivion Collectible Cards. Has a good quest, companion and items. I get bored with vanilla stuff pretty quickly, so right now I'm running about 197 mods. Some are body replacers- HGEC, Inyala Facial Textures. Some are retextures for like all the wood in the game. Also have like Midas Magic and a mod to make enchantments more visible, like fire on a weapon that does fire damage. These in addition to the ones listed above.

I shoot music videos with Umpa's Animation Mod, so you can see examples of what all I have in the videos on my profile page. I always shout out credits to the modders I've used items or clothes from in the video. My tracking list probably has over 100 mods on it, that I'd love to try at some time or another. There's lots to choose from. Just depends on what and how you like to play.

I don't really run any mods other than my own, but the few (3 or 4) I do run are the large addons, like the Lost Spires, Midas Magic, Natural Environments, and Elsywr: The Deserts of Anequina.

Mods that I would recommend include:

AF Level Mod. I have difficulties playing the game normally, because I always try to power game and maximize (+5/+5/+1) my attribute gains. It means that I spend more time worrying about skill gains than I spend actually enjoying the game. This mod removes that worry (about not getting everything I can out of my character) by doing it automatically, and still offers a power-gaming option that maximizes all skills.

Alternate Start Revamped. Allows you to start in a variety of situations, to make the RP more unique. Not every hero starts in jail.

Book Jackets. This mod just makes the game so much more beautiful by having all of the books have unique looks. Just some added realism.

COBL. More races. Ingredient sorter. Balanced races and birth signs. Not really much to complain about.

Cyrodiil Transportation Network. I hate fast travel. It just seems wrong that I can skip so much game time by just using that as an option. This adds in transportation people to each city, such as horse travel, mage teleportation, or even ships. Also adds in Mark and Recall, but be careful, because it doesn't really have any checks on when it shouldn't be valid to use.

LAME (Less Annoying Magic Experience). It's not perfect, because some of the spells I still don't know what they do. But, other than that, it makes playing a caster so much more fun.

Lock Bash Omega. No longer will brutes have to learn magic or finesse with a lockpick in order to get their loots. Now, just whack the box open!

Open Cities. I like not having to load into each city anymore, although sometimes I have to restart the game because it accidently puts the old city doors back. A simple restart of Oblivion fixes it each time.

Quest Award Leveller. The other reason I can't enjoy the game when playing as a new character (in addition to worrying about min-maxing my stat gains) is that I'm afraid to get any levelled loot, because I know that it's better if I get it later. This fixes that issue.

Ushnar's Skinned Hound. Makes the hound reward that you get in SI not useless.

YAHKM (Yet Another Hot Key Mod). Best mod for having more than just the default 8 hotkeys. Only adds one new button to remember too.