[REL/WIP] Populated Prisons

Zaldir

Populated Prisons

Current Version: 1.1

By Randomcoyle & Zaldir

Website

This mod populates the prisons in the cities of Cyrodiil. There is a 50% chance for a prisoner to spawn in a cell.

Each prisoner have their own greeting, and some will tell you a tale of their life, while others may talk nothing more than poo.

In the Prisons, you'll meet anything from Vampires, Ghosts, Lunatics, drunkards, murderers and rapists!

Next Version

The Next version will feature voice acting, and perhaps some other new features like random encounters and minor quests.

I have an idea for the vampires. The vampire could wait for their death by the vampire hunters and you could create a room in the dungeon where we can see their punishement. Tell me if you think it's a good idea.

Sorry Bad english...

@mrboobz: I really want this mod to be simple, and since the prisoners spawns from leveled lists, that idea might be hard to accomplish. :/

But thank you very much for the suggestion non-the-less. :)

@ub3rman: Yeah, some prisoners are ghosts of people who have died in the prisons.

Anyway, I have lowered the chance of prisoners spawning even more, now down to 40%, so the chance for every prison cell to host a prisoner is now minimal.

For a nutcase why not use Glarthir's dialogues as reference, he can't be the only paranoid nut in Cyrodil.

A drunk would probably be only a oneliner so:

"...Daah Can somebody stop the room... I wanna get off..."

or: Shay... do ya mind openin' this here door. Me missus is wait'n for meh...

or for really wasted one: *hic* "Bartender, gimme another drink"

Also, how 'bout an occasional chance of an attempted jail break occurring? About 4 to 6 convicts fighting with the guards.

Thank you very much! :)

I will be using those dialogues for sure.

And I may do the occasional jailbreak attempt, but I want to get these dialogues out of the world first. :)

Vampire: "Excuse me, just lean a little closer to the door so I can hear you.."

Sick: "*Cough* I haven't seen that come out before..."

Drunk: "Oh, hello.. You seen the rest of my teeth anywhere? I seem to have lost 'em."

Hmm I guess I could throw some ideas out there.

Crazy Prisoner: [in an annoyed voice] "The bedroll. For the love of Mara, WHY did I have to get the bedroll that won't shut up!? When I lay down it won't stop yammering on about how long it's been without a good stroll along the coast of the Niben. Oh well, at least it doesn't have eyes that pierce through my liver, like that damned Khajiit."

Desperate Prisoner: "P-please, you've gotta let me out of this cell. You see, I'm sitting on a large sum of gold that I've got stashed away, and the guards have been trying to find it. If you help me, It'll all be yours my friend. Just pick this lock here, and I can take care of the rest." [Perhaps if you manage to free him, he'll just bolt for the door and end up getting owned by the guards, regardless of what he said.]

*I'm not sure how detailed you'd want to get with this dialog, but it might be cool if you have some scripted dialog that changes depending on the players gender.

A possible idea might be-

Murderer/Rapist: [Male PC] "Ya' know, ya' look a lot like this one chap I beat the bloody Oblivion out of. I broke into his house n' he was tryin' to be a hero, n' protect his family. Sorry for him, his head ended up smashed to bits on the floor while I showed his wife a real good time. Hahaha those were the days! But now I've been stuck in this rat hole for a good while now. Take some advice from me brotha' -- Never get caught!"

Murderer/Rapist: [Female PC] "Well well, I must be lookin' upon a gift from Sanguine himself. It's nice to see such soft features in such a rough place. Ya' know it's been a while now since I've gone without the touch of a woman. Pity that these bars are in our way; We could be having a real good time right now. Who knows, maybe soon ya' might get caught doing something, naughty, and the guards could put us in the same cell. Don't give me that look, ya' know you'd like it sweetheart."

===

Well, not sure what you think about those. I hope you don't think that the murderer/rapist ones are too much. I think it'll add to the immersion. I mean, out of all the citizens of Cyrodiil, there's gotta be some complete scumbags out there.

Also, is this mod going to feature voice acting, or are you just planning on having people read the text?