Need help with Francesco's mod (caliper glitch)

So i've come across the infamous caliper glitch in Francesco's mod, where the armor and weapons of Bandits and Marauders becomes replaced by calipers. Now i've done a good bit of research into this problem and most people say that i need to reset something by typing "Startquest Fransmenu" into the console. unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Now my only guess is to re-install the mod, which isn't a big deal considering the fact that i really don't use any loot from this mod while playing and i simply enjoy collecting it. but naturally i'd like to avoid having to re-install. If anyone knows anything i'd greatly appreciate it.

Note: I'm a nooblet when it comes to modding for oblivion, i've been playing oblivion since it was released but that was the xbox 360 version. i only just got into oblivion modding this summer when Steam had that really awesome deal for the game. As such, i don't know any of the modding lingo or acronyms. Sorryz.

Again thanks for any support.

So i've come across the infamous caliper glitch in Francesco's mod, where the armor and weapons of Bandits and Marauders becomes replaced by calipers. Now i've done a good bit of research into this problem and most people say that i need to reset something by typing "Startquest Fransmenu" into the console. unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Now my only guess is to re-install the mod, which isn't a big deal considering the fact that i really don't use any loot from this mod while playing and i simply enjoy collecting it. but naturally i'd like to avoid having to re-install. If anyone knows anything i'd greatly appreciate it.

Note: I'm a nooblet when it comes to modding for oblivion, i've been playing oblivion since it was released but that was the xbox 360 version. i only just got into oblivion modding this summer when Steam had that really awesome deal for the game. As such, i don't know any of the modding lingo or acronyms. Sorryz.

Again thanks for any support.

You don't need to reinstall Oblivion. Just do a clean save of Fran's mod. I'm not sure you need to do even that though.

Updating Saves - http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/?page=updating_saves <-- Do this to get rid of the issue for now, but keep your old (current) saves around for a while as I check into this console command. Hopefully, there is a way to get it working for you.

Edit: Install OBSE, and see if the OBSE patch for the menu can improve your situation with using that console command: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17621

That page is for doing a clean save. That means wiping the mod's data from your save files, and then launching with it activated again. That will "reset" Fran for you. However, you will lose all Fran-added items, which is why it would be more ideal to get the console fix working. It sounds like that OBSE patch for the Fran menu may help you get the console command working such that you can fix the game without doing that.

Ok, got the menu to work and reset loot tables, waited three days so that npcs could reset and no dice, I reckon i may just kiss my loot goodbye and re-install. No big deal but still kinda sucks.

Remember, you only have to do a clean save of Fran. Reinstalling the game is unnecessary. Just save the game with the Fran plugins deactivated, and then launch the game again with it activated. Reinstalling Oblivion would not do anything. You could just start a new game for all of that trouble.