The Currently Reading Thread .........

karkarinus

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm reading "Metro 2034" - it's a sequel to the book "Metro 2033" on which the game is based. I don't know if there are any translations from Russian to other languages (the book is not so old), but it would be great if there were some.

Hi all,

I am writing a Fallout 3 fanfic. I'm one of the people who would love a Fallout 3 novel.

I'd love to get some feedback on my ongoing story. Two chapters as of yet.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5266459/1/Fallout_3_The_New_York_Wasteland

A novel based on Fallout universe? I dream of it! I like reading (more than watching movies or playing games), so it's a great idea (from my point of view) :)

I'll surely read your story :)

Reading books by Neal Asher, about a political faction named the Polity. Humans, not really controlled or ruled, more guided by massive AI intellects, have expanded into outer space. Seriously good books. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a set order for some of the book's. Some of them seem just random, but awesome, stories.

Recently read the Inheritance books by Christopher Paolini: Eragon, Eldest and Brisngr. Still waitng for the 4th and final.

East of Eden by John Steinbeck

Reading the classics, just finished Hunchback of Notre Dame [very very good]. I'm about 3/4 done with Eden, it's a great book. I never read "best seller" garbage, working my way through all the classics. Read a couple pages before bed, very relaxing.

I'm currently reading "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams, "In Foreign Fields" by Dan Collins, "Real Heroes" by Jeremy Clarkson/Ross Kemp, "Introducing Character Animation with Blender" by Ton Roosendaal/ Bassam Kurdali/Tony Mullen, and "Soldier Against the Odds" by Lofty Large.

"The Histories" by Herodotus,it sort of a cross between a ancient travelogue and a historical account of early Hellenic culture. Though in an English translation since my Greek isn't up to the challenge.