The Currently Reading Thread .........

karkarinus

<<Wow! You can read Thor.?!?

I never would have guessed!>>

Currently reading the existing books in the Danilov Quintet by Jasper Kent.

Good read.

lol huh what was tat.

actually I'm in between books right now. Sigh.

Needs inspiration, i might read a science fiction, haven't read one in awhile.

Looks around at mass library of books, Hmm what to choose. Lol not really.

I have a good sci fi series that i m re-reading, but i cannot remember the series name, i read them on the kindle so i cant see the series name, but the author is James rollins, but most of his books are great science fiction books. All of them are well written

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't read books, but when I do, I read manga. Stay Otaku my friend.

But in all seriousness. The last thing I read was The Zombie Survival Guide. I am trying to write my little novel here, I have a horror/mystery story. I'd go into detail but I don't know you guys well enough so I think you are going into make fun of me. :<

I'm reading the play of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream"

I can't get enough of... I'm reading it for about the 20th time in English and German. ( I don't count actually)

Silver DNA: I love Shakespeare, but have always had such a hard time reading plays for some reason. It's surprising really, because I am such an avid reader. Anyway, I have seen or read most of them at some point in my rather checkered career.

I'm currently reading The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet by David Mitchell. It is the first book I have read by Mr. Mitchell but will not be the last. He's an excellent writer. This historical novel takes place in late 18th century Japan and revolves primarily around a Dutch clerk who has come to work for the Dutch East Indies Company and earn his fortune. The settings, the scenery and the character development are supurb, and all have kept me not wanting to put the book down. This is, of course quite difficult, since I also have to check my Nexus site, and take my camera course and Heavens knows what else.

Good reading everyone. . .

I'm still reading the Dead Sea Scrolls, just for fun. It's the umpteenth time now, for if you read just one translation you're already fooled after the introduction cos every translator interprets the texts different according to the respective preconception. Too bad. Time was when I thought I'd understand the people behind the scrolls, at least a bit, but now I think they had more likely a few things in common with today babblers on the internet - much ado about nothing, to refer back to Shakespeare.