The Currently Reading Thread .........

karkarinus

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't out yet but it comes out later this month, its the first book of a series of 9 by an up and comming author named Ryan Tomasella. Drylor The First Artifact is the first book in the series and it follows a man named Von as he struggles to regain his memory and stop his brother from destroying everything.

http://www.almarsguides.com/Drylor%20Front.jpg

The back of the book:

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through

an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has

happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail

cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and

halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus.

It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he

meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail

cell while deciding his destiny.

As Von’s memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only

one who can protect Drylor—a world that abandoned him—

from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the

truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing

to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet

from annihilating the only world they have ever known.

As Von’s past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon

realizes the only way he can end his brother’s heartless

massacres is to find him and kill him.

For how long the information about this book has been out, it's developed quite a following on facebook already. It's something I would definitely recommend checking out.

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished the Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare. Haven't started anything new yet, but I have quite a few books stacked up in my room and I think I'll pick something easy to read.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this one recently browsing through a book store...Caesar Against The Celts ~ Ramon Jimenez

For those who prefer a color commentary on Caesar's exploits in Gaul, a great read on this topic. Not only does Jimenez add character depth to Caesar's accounts, but he brings to light likely points of exaggeration and omission on Caesar's part.

I found this one recently browsing through a book store...Caesar Against The Celts ~ Ramon Jimenez

For those who prefer a color commentary on Caesar's exploits in Gaul, a great read on this topic. Not only does Jimenez add character depth to Caesar's accounts, but he brings to light likely points of exaggeration and omission on Caesar's part.

Funny you shoud mention that one, I had read a review on Amazon and thought it sounded wonderful. Am waiting for it to come on the Kindle though as the price will hopefully be a bit lower. Got good reviews on Amazon, and that added to your review sews it up for me. Will be buying it as soon as I can afford it. Thanks Aurielius!

I am currently re-reading Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo. Had not read it since I was a kid. I had forgotten some of the intrigue. Am thoroughly enjoying it. Got it for free on the Kindle.