My Big Castle Mod

WarKirby3333

I said that the previous post would be my last for the night, but I didn't count on insomnia. I can't seem to sleep, I'm gonna put it to some constructive use though by putting in some intensive hours on the castle. First priority is the AI bugs.

Also, I believe the solution to the dragon logo has landed in my lap. I've just recieved a PM from Haslador offering to make a dragon design for the castle. He put forth :excl: this :excl: as a sample of his work.

Before this goes any further however, I need to know if Cotel will be able to use this. Not that picture exactly, but one fairly similar, without the busy background. And if it is Ok, what resolution should the picture be for armor, shield and banner. (I assume 3 different resolutions as they are different sizes)

WarKirby

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The namescript works!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, sorry about the outburst. GBHis has been trying to get it to work in the castle for weeks. I simply didn't define 'mycastlename' as a global variable. Now I have, it works fine. Yay!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@GBHis: Now that the namesript works, could you possibly put the finger of pointing on hold. I need a script for an item that resets the 'mycastlename' variable if the castle has already been named, allowing it to be renamed again. It should Display a message like 'You don't need to use this yet' if the castle has not been named, and 'Your castle has been stripped of its title. You may now rename it.' if it has. As well as setting the cell names back to defaults.

This is, I should think, easier than the finger of pointing.

Thanks

WarKirby

Actually, it isn't needed :)

The scripts doesn't set the MyCastleName. But they check for it.

Should we ever want to LOCK the name of the castle, we can simply set the MyCastleName. I thought it would be cool for some quests.

I know that they don't set it. The idea is that we alter the scripts so they do. I'm simply thinking that we should implement limited renames. Adding in that item i talked about previously would allow the player to rename the castle, but only if they can afford to (I'm thinking 10k pricetag)

On another note, what does everyone think of Haslador's Picture?

WarKirby

I know that they don't set it. The idea is that we alter the scripts so they do. I'm simply thinking that we should implement limited renames. Adding in that item i talked about previously would allow the player to rename the castle, but only if they can afford to (I'm thinking 10k pricetag)

On another note, what does everyone think of Haslador's Picture?

WarKirby

Id love to try it for you WarKirby, thanks

it would be cool to rename the castle

"Chorrol disappearing" Not in my game, good for me but not to some others

and Haslador's pic is good.

@GBHis: Sorry to be throwing requests at you so rapidly. I'll understand if this takes awhile. I need another script. This one is to attach to a ring. The ring will have one efect, to provide a health regen bonus of such magnitude that the player is functionally invincible. Why do I need a script for that? Well, I want the ring to only function when the player is inside the castle (except the arena) When the player leaves the castle, the ring should simply be like a normal decorative ring, and should reactivate upon entering the castle once more.

Can you do this?

@Paulo Minty: Can you script? If so, could you possibly make the ring, and leave the renaming thing to GBHis. You'll need the editor ID's of the cells which are

MycastleGrandHall

MycastleEastWing

MycastleWestWing

MycastleUpperLevel

MycastleLowerLevel

MycastleInnerSanctum

@Cotel: If you're reading, I need the go ahead from you before I can have Haslador make a dragon pic. Please reply ASAP.

WarKirby

@GBHis: Sorry to be throwing requests at you so rapidly. I'll understand if this takes awhile. I need another script. This one is to attach to a ring. The ring will have one efect, to provide a health regen bonus of such magnitude that the player is functionally invincible. Why do I need a script for that? Well, I want the ring to only function when the player is inside the castle (except the arena) When the player leaves the castle, the ring should simply be like a normal decorative ring, and should reactivate upon entering the castle once more.

Can you do this?

@Paulo Minty: Can you script? If so, could you possibly make the ring, and leave the renaming thing to GBHis. You'll need the editor ID's of the cells which are

MycastleGrandHall

MycastleEastWing

MycastleWestWing

MycastleUpperLevel

MycastleLowerLevel

MycastleInnerSanctum

@Cotel: If you're reading, I need the go ahead from you before I can have Haslador make a dragon pic. Please reply ASAP.

WarKirby

I'm making some test, I'll show you some resulttish afternoon but I do not think it will work well because it's a drawing. Let me the afternoon to make some test.

Here some quick test.

I took a Black Logo and do some really quick modification. I also put him on a shield and put original guard's shield to compare. (Note : I do this very quickly). I Think a modified black logo is better than a color drawing and it really look more like the other town/castle logo. I think that a so detailled drawing look not real on a shield or a cuirass.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6200/shieldprevieway1.th.jpg