My Big Castle Mod

WarKirby3333

The finger of pointing is done, but it needs some testing.

I've just made a FPS-increasing mod, and I need some more testers. My own box has no problems at all :) (Oh, I should make a new topic)

EDIT: Will the guards be named? (can I count on refs)?

Right now, they attack the target on sight.

But they don't search for it.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every guard is a unique object, and has a name but not a 'referance editor ID'.

Editor ID's are pretty simple. MyCastleGuard1. MyCastleGuard2. etc.

What about the ring, and loyal guards?

An FPS increasing mod? How can that possibly work? Could you explain more?

WarKirby

I really don't feel like releasing details of it before it's done. (Someone might steal my idea... That happened last time I bragged :))

Loyal Guards should be easy, but needs a little digging in the wiki. It's prolly just an IF check and one or two function-calls.

I meant Reference Editor IDs (refs) :)

Why do you have so many different?

Can you give them a referance editor id?

If you can, can you post the schedules for the refs?

Like, between 01 and 14 it's guards 1 through 20 that keeps the castle alive. Then we could order only the guards on duty to help :)

You could PM or email me. I won't tell

I made them all different objects so that they could all have unique names, faces, hair and downtime activities. They're quite a varied bunch.

I can give them refs. The schedules are a bit complex

1-10, 25-29, 38-45, 58, 61, 64, 65, 70-73, 80, 81, 85-87. Those are the numbers of the guards on duty for the first shift. (6am-2pm).

Do you want to know the other two?

You could PM or email me. I won't tell

I made them all different objects so that they could all have unique names, faces, hair and downtime activities. They're quite a varied bunch.

I can give them refs. The schedules are a bit complex

1-10, 25-29, 38-45, 58, 61, 64, 65, 70-73, 80, 81, 85-87. Those are the numbers of the guards on duty for the first shift. (6am-2pm).

Do you want to know the other two?

umm.. just asking, how many non-guard NPCs are there in the castle?

Currently, only two. But there will be a lot more. once the guards are finished. The next patch after that will start to add guests/trainers/merchants.

Once finished, it will be a very busy place. I want to make enough guests so that the huge dining table is full at dinnertime.

WarKirby

Currently, only two. But there will be a lot more. once the guards are finished. The next patch after that will start to add guests/trainers/merchants.

Once finished, it will be a very busy place. I want to make enough guests so that the huge dining table is full at dinnertime.

WarKirby

will there be any ppl out in the courtyard, you know sitting on a bench and reading or something?

Yes. 3 guards will patrol the front garden, and a few guests will go out there every so often. Also, 6 guards will be on top of the walls.

Warkirby

You should hav a couple of Bandits assault the castle every once in a while, that would be awsome, and put resoawning slaughterfish in the pond.