My Big Castle Mod

WarKirby3333

Also, I can give the guards unique names. what does everyone think of that idea? I would need a few suggestions (like 90)

WarKirby

Woah 90!!! ok here goes nothin

Falcath

Yuraj

Laster

Hyuter

Potan

Manad

Kaster

Kuhet

Frederick

Ujaii

Polas

Romulus (captain of the guards)

Remus

Jorge

Derrin

Nardith

Noth

Nayt

Kerrick

Kuiner

Barren

Coith

Joss

Namithan

Lohak

Yuthaj

Yakath

Sandof

Bruden

Kilgor

Gerik

Gorring

Hermin

Sagoth

Sal-man

Three-fins (Argonian)

See-Keemen

Horton

Tim

Valeri

Vastol

Astor

Warthun

Maserth

sorry, dont kno how maay names that is.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@cotel: Thanks. All I really need is the symbol on the leyawiin cuirass and a shield to be removed and replaced (no colour change, unless anyone has a problem with that).

The problem is, I haven't decided on a symbol yet. (maybe someone could suggest something universally appealing) Or the base model for the shield. Once I do decide, though I will also need some wall hangings retextured with the symbol. The sort of huge banners you traditionally find adorning the walls of a castle

I really appreciate it and I'll be in touch.

---------------------------------------------------------------

@Bad Mamma Jamma: Does anyone think the sonic shoes are too fast? I could cut their speed easily (I could also make them faster. Its easy)

The guards will be a mix of all races except Khajit and possibly Argonians (untested). I will also use both male and female guards more or less equally. I'm also taking the trouble to generate a unique but aesthetically pleasing face for each one. The captain is a Nord, but made to look like an imperial. This is mainly because I wanted an imperial captain but found him too scrawny for purpose. He will also wear a cape because capes are cool.

WarKirby

No I dont think you need to change the shoes. I like using them to travel with, just takes some time getting used to them. They remind me of the boots of blinding speed in Morrowind, which where a must for me. Although one time in the castle, I used them and ran right though a wall in the room with the secret passage way and the books, and just started to fall for ever.

Oh boy... Unique names. I advise you to visit this site:

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/mysticalnames.htm

You will find all the names you need...

Wow that site is great! Not just the mystical... It has multiple fantasy name generators and much much more. Going to use this for my next character. ;)

I'm thinking maybe something like a Sword and Shield together, like the Zelda logo. Or maybe an arcane rune (like the oblivion logo). I like fire too, or maybe some sort of anmal like a lion or eagle. Or a dragon!

WarKirby

PS: of course, you'll get your name in the credits. The castle has just over 1500 downloads so far, so plenty of people will see your work too.

I've just playtested the castle for the first time since the release of v1.4

I have the following to report.

to GBHis: The naming scripts would not compile because you did not define the 'MyCastleName' variable. I added in a simple 'short mycastlename' to each script to make them compile. When used in game however, absolutely nothing happened. There's every chance that what I added caused this, I'm not sure.

I've just realised that the scripts compiled perfectly in the castle you sent me back. Was there some component in there other than the 16 namescripts and the masterscript on the key? Also why couldn't you have sent it in its own esp so I could just merge the plugins?

There are a few problems with the AI for the guards so far.

1. After being in the castle for a while, they all crowd the player and demand that you leave so that they can lock up. I believe this is due to my activating the 'continue when PC is near' flag on every package, not realising at the time what it actually did. I'll fix that though

2. When the guards go to train, they simply stand in front of the dummy/bag and do nothing. I set a 'use item at' package with location as an 'x marker heading' next to the dummy and the target as 'weapons: melee'. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong

3. Guards go a bit crazy when dinner time comes because I haven't added a food vendor yet. This can be fixed easily though.

WarKirby

PS: I've been working all night and It's 7am here (scotland) so I'm probably gonna go to bed soon. Don't expect any replies for a few hours.