Gem retextures (possible new meshes) mod.

Razakel

Hi guys,

I'm working on expanding the questline in my mod (shameless plug coming) A Dark Lair www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33262 to include killing off each count and countess.

As it stands now the reward for the quest I've finished is a rescaled ruby but ultimately what I want to do is have a different gemstone reward for each different city and it'd be nice to be able to offer something a little more special than just a bigger version of the Vanilla gems.

So I'm hoping is that there's someone out there that's got the time and the skill to make some new gems.

What I'm thinking at the moment is that each city would have a gem that represents it in some way.

Anvil = Pearl because it's by the ocean.

Bruma = Diamond to represent the snow and ice.

Chorrol = Topaz because it seems to best fit the colour scheme of the landscape around it.

Skingrad = Ruby because the Count is a Vampire..Vampire's drink blood..blood is red.

Cheydinhal = Emerald because it's a very green looking town and most of the landscape around it is very lush.

Leyawiin = Sapphire because it's on the water.

Bravil...I have no idea. A lump of coal maybe? Rescale the flawed diamond mesh and call it the Worlds Largest Cubic Zirconia?

If someone would like to help me with that it'd be fantastic. I'd do it myself but...I can't. Really. Rescaling meshes in NifSkope is about as far as my ability goes.

You do know you can scale items right in the cs do you not? Unless you plan on making brand new meshes or textures for these valuable gems then I suggest you simply double click on the item in the construction set and scale it up or down, depending on what you are trying to do. I'm not sure I can really help much though. I can do retextures to some extent and I am beginning to understand how to model in blender. Ill check in on this post soon, if you need any help just ask.

Yes I know that, but unless I set the item to initially disabled and then enable it via script later it won't work. The rewards would come inside containers or be directly added to the player after dialogue so rescaling in the CS won't work.

Any help you could offer would be very welcome.

I picked gems for the reward because there's a billion and one armour/weapon mods out there but other than the "fairy dust" effect that OOO adds to gems there's nothing out there.

So I figured I'd make the reward something that would look cool and people could put on display.

I suppose what I'm looking for if I could have anything I wanted would be gems that react brilliantly and dynamically to light and emit a very small amount of light themselves (just a tiny glow in the centre of the gem).

Really though, I'll take whatever I can as long as it's different from the Vanilla gems and is pretty enough that people would want to find a place for them in their house mods to display.

*If anyone actually ends up downloading the mod I've linked up there: The quest in that will give you some idea of what I'm going for overall but I will be overhauling it and giving it a lot more depth than it has. What's in the house mod was just me learning how to make quests and write simple scripts for them. It's tacked onto the house mod to get some feedback and find out what people like or dislike in an assassination quest.

Maybe Have a Script that gives you bonuses and stuff

If you mean something that works like the scales you get from the DB quests, I don't think I'd do that. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a cool looking gem if you're just going to keep it in your inventory all the time.

I've got something in the quest I've already made that improves a skill (works like a skill book) that you get after completing it.

I suppose I could add that to each gem.

I'm not really sure how etiquette on this forum works but I'm bumping this up because it seems to have gotten little interest and I want to give it one more try on the first page to see if I can gather any extra interest. I'll definitely give kudos if anyone would do this for me! I'm about half way through doing the quests at the moment and the whole mod should be done within a week or two. I'd dearly love to be able to add some new items to the mod, it just feels kind of cheap to re-size a vanilla gem mesh for the quest reward.

If nobody is interested I suppose I'll manage the best I can. I won't bump this topic up again if nobody is interested in the project.

*beg beg beg*

Raz

Please do not bump--it's against our rules. -myrmaad

Im a bit confused what are you asking for ? A new gem or a scaled up gem ? I can do both for you easily If its an all new mesh you want find me a pic of a gem that kinda looks what you had in mind or just explain it to me better

Have you considered gems that already exist, such as those in Glittering Prizes? I use that as a replacer (I wouldn't do without) but you could certainly give them unique IDs, with permission from the author, I haven't checked the readme.

At least one other author has used them as a resource:

Gristles Precious Stones with Xs Glittering Prizes

Tamriels Glittering Geology

Have you considered gems that already exist, such as those in Glittering Prizes? I use that as a replacer (I wouldn't do without) but you could certainly give them unique IDs, with permission from the author, I haven't checked the readme.

At least one other author has used them as a resource:

Gristles Precious Stones with Xs Glittering Prizes

Tamriels Glittering Geology

Ahh, that's kinda what I'm looking for. I think those items are what OOO uses to replace the Vanilla gems.