Help with ENBHOST.exe for realvision ENB

kittyk3

Hi, i am trying to use realvision and the wrapper version of ENBSeries doesn't even let my start the game, so i just the injector version, i can run skyrim, but it says the ENBHOST.exe failed to process or something like that. please help! I am using Avast! security if that has anything to do with it.

...Hi,

IF a laptop use Injector....

IF a Desktop use Wrapper.

IF the Wrapper is not letting the game start, you have something interfering, Steam overlay, MSI afterburner, PrecisionX, Razer Game booster, to name a few know to cause problems. Start turning things off in the System Tray (icons by the Clock) .... one at a time to find what is causing it to crash.

Google "Clean BOOT" try that, as it will rule all user software out.

My Avast does not care about my ENB, never has....Post a bit about the System you are using..Laptop??

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using RealVision ENB. It's the only ENB I use because I love it. Both the fantasy effects version with ELFX or the Realism version with RLO are amazing (in noticably different ways). I had trouble with installing it the first time I think, but there was a step I had missed or something. I was new at modding and it was a big task to install all the mods in max graphics, but with some determination I figured it out. Modding can be hard at first. SkyrimTuner gives excellent instructions on his page, read them carefully.

I'm using the wrapper version (never used the injector version) and it's working. Make sure to copy both the d3d9.dll AND enbhost.exe from the WRAPPER version into your Skyrim folder (not into the Data folder, same folder as tesv.exe). Then install the ENB itself using NMM. Ok, the next step is to start the RV_launcher.exe BUT WAIT, it may be important to make sure your INI files are NOT read only before doing this. The RV_Launcher will edit your INI files, but I don't know if it works if they are read only. You only need to enter your Vram amount (512, 1024, 2048, etc.), press enter (i think) to complete that entry, then click SET INI. It will adjust your INI's for you. After that SET YOUR SKYRIM.INI AND SKYRIMPREFS.INI TO READ ONLY so they don't get changed back to Skyrim's default. Use EWI's optimized INI's for Ugrids 5 (available in the files section of the RealVision ENB page). That's what I use, just added a few lines to make Skyrim recognize the extra cores in my i7. Again, when you are all done, make sure your ini's are read only. But really just follow the desc on the RealVision ENB page because I'm just summarizing in my own words right now, the desc page there is completely accurate.

Anyways, Tuner has excellent instructions on his RealVision page, just follow them closely. I used to back my hard files up 2-3 times while installing his recommended mods and the ENB so that I wouldn't have to start over if I messed up, but now I can start with a clean steam install of skyrim and install all the recomended mods plus the RealVision ENB, ELFX, and all in about an hour without backing anything up along the way, and never really mess it up. Don't remember last time I messed up tbh because he does have good instructions there. I do have all the mods downloaded though and drop them all into the folder NMM stores the mods in so I don't have to add them one at a time.

Also, if you have too many mods installed that could be the cause of your crash. You didn't list your system specs or loadout or much details at all in your post. I'm only trying to help you because I use the same ENB and SkyrimTuner and EWI have spent enough time answering questions for me in the past that I owe it to them as well. Plus I try to browse the forums when I can and help, but ya, u should list your pc specs and load out in a spoiler when asking for help.

wrapper version crashes on menu screen, and here are my system specs.

Processor Intel® Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz Manufacturer Intel Speed 3.6 GHz Number of Cores 8

Video Card AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Manufacturer ATI Chipset AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Dedicated Memory 2.1 GB Total Memory 1.7 GB

Memory 16 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition

How do i find my loadout? because i have a bunch of mods from the workshop and NMM.. Is there like a file that lists it all?

Edited by kittyk3