[Idea] Real Beast Race Legs?

Satoshi_Yuki

Well. Heres what i was thinking. looking over Tesnexus ive seen several Mods that off beast style feet/legs for Khajiit and Possible Argonian but because of Oblivions Hardcoding its impossible to do it through alterling the skeleton or something without altering all races. But I remember. Reading up on Fallout3 I read something along the lines of that the Pipboy the PC wears is actually an Item thats equipped but. is not in the inventory. or something like that. But my question is would such a thing be possible in Oblivion? Like Like Invisibly equipting them to the PC so that they show yet cannot be interacted with?Weather this is true or not.. i dont know but if it is,is it possible to do this?

what you could do is like you said add some item that replaces the foot or foot/legs. but then you'd have to make custom armor for the legs to cover naughty bits. foot only would be simpler but you still may want to add custom ware.

If you want beast like legs, the wearable body part should be unplayable(so it won't be accessed from inventory), and scripted(so it can be switched out whenever you're wearing anything, or prevent to wear certain equipment).