No Friendly Fire

sythrael

Is there any way to turn off the "friendly fire" in the game? I get tired of going into a battle with actors who run in front of me right as I slash at my target and then either die or come after me with a vengeance.

Throne blind me, but I wish there was! It'd make AOE spells much more practical.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is. Its built into the game engine, and the only way to fix it is to rebuild Oblivion from the ground up.

Is there any way to turn off the "friendly fire" in the game? I get tired of going into a battle with actors who run in front of me right as I slash at my target and then either die or come after me with a vengeance.

but...but...but... no more murders...

On allies. The only problem I can see with that is that you wouldn't be able to kill the Adoring Fan without indirect damage (Get something else to do it, shove him off a cliff).

I thought of some sort of way.. But I know it wouldn't work. You could check the disposition of all NPC's in the player's cell, and then do a (Ref).begin onhit player thing, and find some way to heal them.. But still, it'd likely not work.

but...but...but... no more murders...

I prefer my murders to be intentional, thank you. =D