Have strangely hanging arms or huge hands been addressed?

Mookeylama

i know in Fallout 3 everyone hated the huge shoulders of characters but it was a problem w/ the skeleton and very hard to fix. after a looong time Backsteppo made a mod that fixed shoulders pretty well. my main problem w/ DAO is the weird way the arms hang at an angle, and slightly bent at the elbow. and of course, the HUGE hands of the females. any mods to change the arms and hands to a more natural look? thanks

The Natural Bodies all in one mod will change the hands to small in the configuration options. You will need to install the DAO-Modmanager to install the mod and configure it though.

Yes, but that one only comes into play when the character isnt wearing an item that uses a different hand mesh. IE clothes, gloves, etc.

Note that you will still have the gaps in the arms for the dwarves if armor is equipped but not gloves.

You can avoid that by installing additional file from the package which adjusts the undressed body to match the fixed armours. There's two optional files like that to choose from -- either one wearing the underwear or fully nude.

edit: Mookeylama, as far as i can tell changing the way arms are positioned and such would require changing the animations rather than the models, and this area has been so far pretty much untouched since there's only one tool to export animations.

• 1 month later...

Note that you will still have the gaps in the arms for the dwarves if armor is equipped but not gloves.

You can avoid that by installing additional file from the package which adjusts the undressed body to match the fixed armours. There's two optional files like that to choose from -- either one wearing the underwear or fully nude.

edit: Mookeylama, as far as i can tell changing the way arms are positioned and such would require changing the animations rather than the models, and this area has been so far pretty much untouched since there's only one tool to export animations.

thanks TMP. sorry for long delay in responding.

so the odd standing pose will probably never be fixed if it's related to animations?

this is what bothers me...

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1116/4185.jpg

the way the arms hang at the shoulders and are slightly bent. just looks very odd to me. are there any IDLE animation mods? so they kinda move around realistically when standing? thanks