Have strangely hanging arms or huge hands been addressed?

Mookeylama

Dan Lazin, (Lead BioWare Developer for DA2) talked about this issue during his PAX Day 3 Interview (available on UStream.) He was reassuring us that, (I paraphrase from memory here) "...at least we fixed that odd 'thumbs out' neutral stance the characters had in Origins. We had done that to prevent the clipping that occured with a lot of the armour sets, but we found another way for DA2."

Oh, and he also mentioned fixing the "giant hands" problem as well... ;D

didnt we do that ourselfs already? :woot:

AFAIK, only sorta'. And I've managed to produce some pretty ugly looking PCs and NPCs by mixing-n-matching body model mods from different sources. :teehee:

That "Frankensteinian white (or black, depending on ambient lighting) seam" just below the elbow, high on the shin/calf, or just above the wrist can be pretty disconcerting! :laugh:

[Edit: Oh, wait. One only encounters those problems in very specific situations. Ones which, while probably anticipated by the devs, they obviously never intended to support "officially"! :tongue: ]

But don't get me started on the shoulder/arm interface, especially for females. :pinch:

(That's another "correction" BioWare claims to have made in DA2. We'll see... :dry:

Edited by Thandal

Dan Lazin, (Lead BioWare Developer for DA2) talked about this issue during his PAX Day 3 Interview (available on UStream.) He was reassuring us that, (I paraphrase from memory here) "...at least we fixed that odd 'thumbs out' neutral stance the characters had in Origins. We had done that to prevent the clipping that occured with a lot of the armour sets, but we found another way for DA2."

so the devs are trying to fix this in DA2? well guess i'll have to play the sequel lol.

the shoulder/arm interface is the main reason i haven't gotten DA Origins yet. not that it was a gamebreaker for me, but that i figured someone would fix it eventually. like w/ Fallout 3...i'd played it for over a year and was ready to move on, when Backsteppo fixed the shoulders lol. i was a bit miffed. i bet it gets fixed in Origins too, just a matter of if i wanna wait 1-2 years to play lol. thanks for the info Thandal & Marbatico!

• 2 months later...