Metal Music

TheCalliton

HEY ALL

I myself am a metalhead, and have often wondered why so may people hate metal? The things in metal may seem bad, but thats only if you aren't truly listening. In Crazy Train, Ozzy sings "Maybe its not too late. to learn how to love. and forget how to hate" and "You gotta listen to my words" Many people call metal "satanic" such is not true, there are may religious symbols in metal. From christianity, and many others )don;t focus on the religion aspect please, thats not hwat this is about, its about why people would hate metal) I understand that some people just don;t like the sound of it, but some people hate metal simply because it is. I would love to see the other side, and make more arguements for my side

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself as a metal veteran...lol

I love this genre and I listen to it since Slipknots album All Hope Is Gone

Well, I heard metal already before, but it were more those wannabe metal bands like Linkin Park and stuff.

Many people don't like metal cuz, who thought, they're screamin around n stuff.

But metal singers put more, lets say...hmmm...feeling into their screams than normal pop singers like lady gaga....

Who's lady gaga?

A pop singer whos dancing around butt naked in her music videos..

Do you like that?

I would rather like people scream around than seeing another video of those wannabe singers, who think they made it just

cuz they tried to sing and edited it with computer so it sounds a bit like a song....

But lets get back to topic....

Feelings...

Yes, a LOT of metal bands have a lot of feelings in their songs, they don't scream around cuz it's funny (well, some do),

they have to express themselves somehow and the best way to do it is to growl and scream out your anger n stuff.

For example: System Of A Down

They have a lot songs about politics and they're really pissed at the government n stuff, so they just shout around.

Have you ever been REAAALLLYY pissed off without shouting words like the f word? Guess not. You express your anger doing this.

Ahhh, I already said it. Lyrics.

Metal bands have the best lyrics ever, you know. They have a lot of songs about politics and todays world, about war and stuff like that.

Compare it again to todays pop music. Have you ever heard a political song about lady gaga? Guess not.

They always sing about finding their love n stuff, you know, always the same lame stuff.

EDIT: How can I put in some youtube vids here? O.o

The thing doesn't work...

Now that was a long post...

Edited by MonsterHunterMaster

It's one of those things which harkens back to the beginning of metal, where the intentions were to be as wild, loud, aggressive, and offensive as possible. Angsty teens loved it, parents and old people could only hear it as noise and see the album covers containing demonic imagery. Now a days, metal is pretty darn tame unless you go and spend time listening to indie bands or bands who are backed by certain racist organizations.

Although goth metal tried to borrow the whole evil, demonic vibe from metal, it ended up being kinda weak and artsy.

No, I'm rather certain that if you wanted to look for the pure embodiment of evil in music form, you need look no further than Radio Disney or CDs where you have kids doing covers of popular music... The first one... well, Disney IS evil. The second one is just wrong on too many levels to list.

It's one of those things which harkens back to the beginning of metal, where the intentions were to be as wild, loud, aggressive, and offensive as possible. Angsty teens loved it, parents and old people could only hear it as noise and see the album covers containing demonic imagery. Now a days, metal is pretty darn tame unless you go and spend time listening to indie bands or bands who are backed by certain racist organizations.

Although goth metal tried to borrow the whole evil, demonic vibe from metal, it ended up being kinda weak and artsy.

No, I'm rather certain that if you wanted to look for the pure embodiment of evil in music form, you need look no further than Radio Disney or CDs where you have kids doing covers of popular music... The first one... well, Disney IS evil. The second one is just wrong on too many levels to list.

Amen. Disney is the embodiment of evil. It was a sad, sad day when they bought Marvel.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oCyppRQvTlc/SrylLD58epI/AAAAAAAABrs/DlrpmzO-54g/s320/marvel%20v%20disney.jpg

What does disney have to do with metal? o_O (Correct grammar?)

Comparing true evil with something which is just misunderstood.

And I'm sorry, while old Metallica was kinda cool, since the whole napster thingy, I no longer consider them metal. They're now suits and part of the corporate machine, just like Fred Durst.

And I'm sorry, while old Metallica was kinda cool, since the whole napster thingy, I no longer consider them metal. They're now suits and part of the corporate machine, just like Fred Durst.

It's Sad But True. [originally there was no pun intended]

Even if they're mindless corporate robots in suits, I'd still buy their music over Justin Beiber or Lady Gaga. *cringe*

metallica has kinda sold out. I kinda like death magnetic some, but they were better when they were drunk and fighting with each other.

I myself am starting a metal band with a friend of mine. He likes the more screamy stuff where as i prefer the classical metal bands such as

metallica

ozzy

black sabbath

anvil

iron maiden

gwar

helmet

megadeath

pantera

and the like :thumbsup: