Quest Target Markers

ijarofjami

This too is probably very simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. It could be the fact that I woke up about 4 hours earlier than I usually do and worked for 9 hours, but whatevs. =D

So, this quest I'm making involves talking to several people. I need to make it where at stage 10, the compass markers appear on all three of the characters, and then as you talk to each (about the specific topic that I designated), that NPC's marker disappears.

Thanks in advanced. =)

Ok, you open the Quest menu and go to the 'Quest Targets' tab, choose your NPC in the Target Ref box, then go down to 'Conditions'. Obviously you will want to choose 'GetStage', 'YourQues't 'stage 10', for each NPC.

After that you could add a second variable for each NPC as a script variable in your Quest script (GetScriptVariable), incremented in your Topics result script box, so that as you speak to them the variable is set differently for each.

ie in your quest script you set a variable called 'MyChat', in your Topics you have 3 Topics called NPC1, NPC2 and NPC3

As the Player talks to the first NPC the Result box for that Topic sets the quest script variable 'MyChat' to 1, second NPC sets it to 2 and 3rd to 3. Now all you have to do is go back to the 'Quest Target' tab and use 'GetScriptVariable', 'YourQuest'

choose variable, and do that for each NPC. Then if the variable doesn't match in game, the conditions won't allow the target arrow to display.

I think that should work but I confess that this is theory, I've never actually done it quite this way ?

Good luck