Strange/funny/cool gaming stories thread, add your here!

Vindekarr

Everyone who's picked up the controller and smitten down some evil pixels picks up a story or two, ir makes their own, so what are some of yours? this thread is just a place for you to upload any anacdotes, stories, achievments and other wierd history you want, as long as you obey the ruies.

To start it off, this morning I was blasting around Paradise City in Burnout Paradise, Wondering for the third time that day why everyone bought it on console even though it's twice as badass on pc and has better liveries. I turned onto the I-88, for those who've never played this gem of a racer, the I-88 is a highway that goes around the edge of the city, four lanes, and with a very high speed limit. I was in a fairly nice car, a 600 horsepower Krieger 616, and it was 4:31 AM in game time, all was well until I hit a nearby ramp incorrectly and the pristine krieger hit a bus at 237 MP/H. as per usual, and this being online, I went into showtime mode, in which you bounce your charred wreckage as far as you can and ruin as many other driver's days as possible. To bounce you use energy, which is restored by hitting traffic when you bounce, but anyway you can normaly get about 500-2000 feet bouncing in this way, but I through shear luck managed to bounce my burning wreck the entirely length of the I-88, thats about 10-20 miles or so, hit 588 cars, and did an unmatcheble total of 21 million dollars of damage, recorded forever online, it took me 20 minutes, loling all the way, "bounce baby bounce" :)

Noo How could you :laugh: , well I have the previously High score of that for the ps3 version. Well i don't know about now though. Funny enough did the same thing, But not with that car, it was a downloadable car, can't think of the name of it though. It was black that's all i know.

I nearly have 50 of all trophy's of that game, and all dlc for the ps3 version, note i bought the downloadable version of the game.

heh. You and everyone else online.

I'd swear Im the only person across any platform who DOESNT use the nighthawk. I dont know why, but 9 out of 10 races I entre, atleast someone will be in a nighthawk. Its stupid too since its not especialy fast, and for a car that is statted as an agressor, doesnt actualy have agressor boost, meaning that you'll always be limited. I mean, I've only recently come back, and the later single player races are way harder than the online stuff. its like nobody else actualy bothered to play single player and unlock the cars first. So I just show up in my gleaming black Kreiger WTR, get some smack talk thrown at me for not driving a nighthawk, and then boost chain my way to glory. I mean, coming back from 8 months away, on y first day bsck, in my first online race, I came second. As a B rank driver against an Elite and six Burnouts.

I miss the good old days when people online actualy had more experience than the AI, burnout just aint like that anymore. I'd swear I spend more time dodging DUI takedown attempts that put my rival in the wall than I do actualy trying to beat them. Its like that for all the other experienced drivers Ive met, its mostly a parade of people in nighthawks, a cheap dlc car they dont have to put any work into gettinng. Well, I've got now a Criterion Elite licence, so I have an excuse for winning too much, but even still, I miss the days when you fought tooth and nail all race just to keep with the pack, let alone win. Domination isnt fun, either for those dominated, or for me, kicking everyone's asses.

The One problem with the ps3 version online, if you brawl to much they'll kick you offline for being to aggressive :laugh: .

I got tired of that after awhile lol.

Always reconnecting and stuff :down: , i mean that's the whole fun part of the game was the brawling sigh.

It is honestly pathetic the sort of people you have to put up with in this game.

I love Burnout, but the rest of the community like any game that starts out on console, is full of poorly raised brattish children. I was in a freeburn tonight, and I by genuine accident scored a verticle takedown on the host. They'd all been silent until then, but he then opened up calling me a "stupid dumbassed little female dog" and then swearing at me for five minute straight. Judging by the boy's voice I'd say it was perhaps 9-13, whatever its age it needed to be thrashed as a lesson. Im a Criterion Elite Driver two times over, thats 202% completion, and this punk in a GT nighthawk his momma bought him mouthing off at me snapped something in my very easily frayed temper. I then proceeded to show the vermin to respect his elders, by taking down everyone in the entire room five times per player. I succeeded atleast in takedowns, eventualy racking up an impressive 57 takedowns in just over an hour, my second day back, boosting my total to 64 in two days. Eventualy I heard yelling over the kids microphone and he quit, disbanding the room, after swearing at me quite a lot more, between all of the present drivers, I was only taken down twice.

Now, state of play wise that is just pathetic. Im not new to burnout, I've played all of them except Dominator(no ps3 to play it on) and know the series, and Burnout Paradise, almost as well as I know myself, I was also always extremely good at Road Rage, and I was facing off against children, but even still, its a little bit laughable that even in those circumstances that I should be able to get away with such a massacre without anyone being capable of even one true wheel to wheel traditional takedown. For Saravakh's sake I wasnt even in a bloody agressor: a Hawker Solo has a strength of 3/10, that shouldnt possibly be able to smear the entrails of even children so thouroughly across paradise city.

I dont really care if I get banned for this, because I actually feel pride over this incident more than any other emotion. I was defending my own honoured history in burnout against a street punk who trolled me into action, my vengeance broke my all time takedowns-in-an-hour record by a full 8 and left shattered debris all over the city. For that hour I was an untouchable Angel Of Death, striking down upon those who resisted me without pity or mercy, an unstoppable black hearted jugganaut of annihilation bestride the world. So if this means a ban, what a way to go: drowned in the blood and ichor of 57 slain enemies.