Wear two helmets mod?

H4ZARDMAN

... Helmets dont work that way. Each head item takes up certain slot(s). So if you want to wear, for example, a ranger helmet and the red baret at the same time you'd have to go into the GECK and untick, say, the head box for the ranger helmet as well as the hat box. (haven't tested for this scenario but it should work.) Edited by ArekkusuStorm

And to build on ArekkusuStorm's info re: body slots, you also often times have to worry about clipping. Here's a example of a combination that actually fits better than most but still has obvious clipping;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/EliteDark_zps5e09e98a.jpg

You can get around that though by creating variant models that are adjusted to fit together and implemented via script when worn in combination. It's a little messy for a non scripter like myself (because you have to keep track of item health and add the variant to various formlists that it's original is in), but I did it for the cowboy hat. Plus your potentially looking at a lot of variations/combinations, when you consider all the hats that could go on various helmets.....so that's a large number of models.

Another aspect (completely bluesky/brainstorming) might be to explore egm creation with a helmet as a base (as opposed to the head.nif) and see if a single hat variant could be made that would conform to all helmets. Probably a dead end, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

On the other hand if your OK with the clipping, just about any modder on this forum can remove the body slot requirement from all the helmets (I'd leave them for the hats, since I doubt you'd be wearing more than one hat over a helmet).