Minecraft

Retribution

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two mining styles. One's 'legit' and one 'cheats'.

The 'cheat' one I use cartographer and then dig for cave systems, because I think they're fun to explore when I'm not playing on peaceful.

The 'legit' method, I build a 'temple' (pyramid, base of 15x15) usually. I fill that with storage chests, usually one with picks to mine with and then the rest are just storage for the mined stuff. Sometimes I also build random and arbitrary things like waterslides on top, but that's irrelevant. Anyways, from there I usually dig down about 6 squares. (Two squares for a floor, the other 4 for a room) Then I dig out a 20x20x4 for the base of my mining operation. From there, I pick a corner and dig a 1x2 shaft straight down. (1x2 so I can bounce back and forth between the two while I dig the other, and don't have to worry about coming across a nasty surprise. (read: caves could fall into)

Is it practical? Not really. Is it creative? I like to think so. Is it fun to build? Yep. In the end you have a bunch of Mayan temples all over your world with a massive tunnel system running between them all.

EDIT: Also, when I find caves by legitimate means, I usually connect them to at least three or four other shafts, sometimes with minecart systems.

Edited by RZ1029