Minecraft

Retribution

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debating whether to ban Vagrant or not from the server.

Don't think I will... but he's got one chance left! :tongue:

Just having a bit of fun :)

That's what griefers say! :laugh:

I went ahead and bought Alpha. Absolutely worth it. I don't think the current Alpha worlds can be 8x earth though - I think that was in a previous version. Current worlds can still be gigantic though. Just ask me - for the last several days I have been building my own mini-highway towards the horizon. I have yet to hit a stopping point. (I get easily distracted by gravel deposits though . . .)

I think I'm going to have to start looking at skins. I rather like the look of this one. It reminds me of RPG games I guess.

If you do come to Alpha LHammonds, you will find it necessary to constrain your building slightly. Resources are infinitely more valuable.

Couple of comments:

A tall tower with lights makes for a good homing beacon if you die.

You can mine blocks in Survival Test! It just takes a while . . .

Debating whether to ban Vagrant or not from the server.

Don't think I will... but he's got one chance left! :tongue:

Just having a bit of fun :)

That's what griefers say! :laugh:

Meh, had 40 minutes to kill. Call it what you want. SMP is still too buggy to hold my interest for long. Is it so wrong to start making obscene statues to pass the time?

I went ahead and bought Alpha. Absolutely worth it. I don't think the current Alpha worlds can be 8x earth though - I think that was in a previous version. Current worlds can still be gigantic though. Just ask me - for the last several days I have been building my own mini-highway towards the horizon. I have yet to hit a stopping point. (I get easily distracted by gravel deposits though . . .)

I think I'm going to have to start looking at skins. I rather like the look of this one. It reminds me of RPG games I guess.

If you do come to Alpha LHammonds, you will find it necessary to constrain your building slightly. Resources are infinitely more valuable.

Couple of comments:

A tall tower with lights makes for a good homing beacon if you die.

You can mine blocks in Survival Test! It just takes a while . . .

Theoretically, the current Alpha maps can be infinite, the same as the old infdev maps. Unfortunately, also the same as in infdev, rounding errors mean in practice it is limited to 8x the size of the earth or so.

Also, nice server, but it was too empty imo. Build more! :P I may possibly build something somewhere myself later.

EDIT: Or not, Minecraft's decided to suddenly stop working. Again.

Heh, I was on the server with Ub3rman and some other people, and when I closed a door behind me and all the surrounding blocks just popped out. I stand there being confused and then the game crashed. I knew doors were glitchy, but this... :P

Heh, I was on the server with Ub3rman and some other people, and when I closed a door behind me and all the surrounding blocks just popped out. I stand there being confused and then the game crashed. I knew doors were glitchy, but this... :P

That wasn't the door, but the doors can screw up. Like only the top half opening, or teleporting you back when you walk through them.

Nah, that explosion was a creeper behind you. Must've followed you. For some odd reason they're invisible.