Minecraft

Retribution

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of mistakes in the update:

- Game crashes now? What?

It only ever happened when I added custom content...

- Land is half developed and changes completely half way... leaving a very odd looking landscape. (Mountain cut in half and the other half turned into a lake?)

I daren't try the slip for fear of more problems.

I had a crash before that totally blackscreened the game and made java crash.

When I reloaded the game I had the same inventory but the land I was travelling in was reset to before I excavated the clay and other materials.

Not complaining about the extra materials, but what if I actually built something more worthy? The 1 block 10 high tower I made was reset too so I had to quickly find my other towers in order to get home =/

Hopefully this will be patched, I submitted a report to Notch about this anyway.

But all in all, awesome. Looks great really =]

Although I do miss the pain sounds =(

Yeah, quite some bugs crept in. That's what you get when you impose deadlines. :P

There's some good news though; Notch is taking a break for a few days, but after that, he's gonna bring SMP to beta!

Huh? SMP?

Anyway, I think I got the long straw. The only bug I got was my portal spawning me about 20 blocks in the air, above the ocean. I exploited this by making a building around it and adding a minecart track to my main building.

Just use a powered minecart to bring it back :thumbsup:

And yeah. The portal sounds were pretty creepy... So I deleted them! They're very quiet now, but the record player fixes that. :thumbsup:

I like immortality. We don't really need Minecarts and portals right now. If you couldn't break block or craft, I might complain a bit, but a lot of work has been done on it so far and it works well enough to be comparable to say, New Vegas.

Wait: James, what are you doing here?