What Mod could you not play Oblivion without?

cookies2461

I was gonna come on here and say "what's a mod?" but then I figured that I'm new to the forums and I didn't want people to hate me and think I was trolling.

Honestly, my favorite mod would have to be unique landscapes. There's a ton of mods that I do so enjoy, but my favorite part of any open ended game is exploring, and UL makes exploring way better in oblivion. The different creators of all the UL's have so many different and awesome ideas. I have yet to tire of running around outside of Bravil, or taking down the unicorn in the grove which looks that much cooler with UL.

Anyways, coming in close second would be Ancient Elven Furniture for Modders. Just kidding. Not that it's a bad mod, it's really good. I was just picking something that doesn't affect the game play. That's the joke. Get it? Ha ha.. haha.... ha.....

I'll shut up now.

P.S. Elsweyr Anequina is my real close second.

I have a heap of mods that I like.

But to narrow it down, here are the top 5:

1. Qarl's Texture Pack (well, it's just great)

2. Elsweyr: Deserts of Anequina (best 'new lands' mod ever! EDIT: Second-Best, after Nehrim)

3. Unique Landscapes (made me want to walk throug the country!)

4. Better Cities (love how much more detailed the cities are, esp. with Qarl's TP)

5. Feint Death (just so much fun!)

So, they are my top 5!

1) KEa Magic And Skill Extender

2) OOO

3) Texture replacers

4) Elsweyr

As mage:

Fearsome Magicka

Secrets of Mertvitel if char is a necromancer

Necropolis

Enchanted Druid Treehome

As assassin:

Assassins tripwires

My WOA mod or Explosives

Throw any weapon

SCA combat archery

Hear No Evil

Flaming Arrows

• 2 months later...

one gameplay changing mod to rule them all: oblivion xp. I hate oblivions default leveling system and this small modification changes this to something I really can enjoy now. wouldn't play the game without it.

I'm also a bit surprised that so far noone has mentioned kragenirs death quest. this thing adds over 100 quests to many npc's throughout cyrodiil, making them somewhat relevant to the gameworld and thus eliminating one of the biggest shortcomings of oblivion (many useless npc's). combined with lore dialogue it's quite a treat.

Some mods I can't play Oblivion without:

--HGEC and related clothing/armor mods. The vanilla female bodies look a bit underdeveloped for an RPG hero, and you can only use the vanilla clothes and armor for so long before you want something different.

--Advanced Magecraft. Saves me the hassle of going to Frostcrag Spire or the Arcane University whenever I want to enchant stuff or make spells.

--COBL, Ren's Beauty Pack, and various custom races (Corean, Chocolate Elves, Cute Elves, etc.). The vanilla hairstyles and eyes were too limited, there were too few alchemical ingredients, and it's always refreshing to play a different character from what vanilla has to offer.

---Alchemy Advanced. Why didn't Bethesda do this before? There's no reason why we should not be allowed to filter potion and poison effects, alter their durations, or save recipes!

--100% Chance Harvest (Vanilla and Shivering Isles). Excuse me, but how the hell do you fail to pick up a leaf?

--Waterfront Market. Being a port, you'd think the IC waterfront would be much livelier.

--Midas Magic. Why stop with the vanilla spells when you can summon a magic carpet to fly around on, force-push enemies and hit them while they're down, or shoot explosive missiles at guys? I especially like shooting some plasma shards, then charging in for the kill.

--Deadly Reflex. There was no reason not to have realistic combat and gore in Oblivion. We had that kind of gore in Bio-F.R.E.A.K.S. on the PS1 and N64 12 years ago, and those were far less powerful consoles!

--All the official plugins except horse armor.

--Francesco's overhaul. Fixes all the problems with level-scaled enemies, which can cripple your character if you don't manage your stat growth properly, thus punishing you for not being a munchkin.

• 1 month later...

I couldn't play without Midas Magic. EVER!!!

A shame how people pick OOO/Fran's/WhateverStrangeModYou'reUsing over Midas Magic.

It's just so deep, so big, so well made, so visually pleasing as well as having some kick-a** audio. Make people follow you with Midas Mind Control, then turn them into a golden statue to decorate your house with.

If there is a mod with more endorsements than Midas Magic, I'm all ears.

:D