⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Height Map Creation and Editing Tutorial

vorlondark

Brilliant. It's a very well made tutorial. I hate GIMP, and use wither photoshop or Open Canvas for everything related to this process. I'm in the middle of building a similar world space made of very tight canyons and a huge open mine. It's a lot harder than I ever expected it to be, but I've made it cell by cell.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9547

The problem I've run into recently has been the issue of discovering little blocks everywhere, like inoperable rectangular tumors. It's only in one square of the map, so I'm covering it up with canyon bits. My final issue is heightmap issues related to creating new cells in the heightmap editor itself. You can see what I mean by folloing the link and checking the images tab.

But other than that, this has helped with the import and creation angle I need for my next leg of the journey! Cheers mate!

• 10 months later...

I know this doesn't really belong in this forum, but is this possible with morrowind's construction set? if so, how?

i tried following these instructions and just mentally replacing the words 'G.E.C.K' with the word 'TES construction set' but it didn't work (unsurprisingly lol).

I know this doesn't really belong in this forum, but is this possible with morrowind's construction set? if so, how?

i tried following these instructions and just mentally replacing the words 'G.E.C.K' with the word 'TES construction set' but it didn't work (unsurprisingly lol).

You know this is close to necromancy :whistling: , however finding stuff about heightmaps and tools to manipulate those are scarse.

When this guide starts to mention the usage of TESAnnwyn (this is the point you need start to do things diffrently) you should read the documentation that was included from this site TESAnnwyn homepage

There are lot of details, MW differs from OB and forward in scale for instance, and there are some other considerations too.

I hope this will guide you a bit further :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...