Should I buy it?

jjjggg50

The additional player made mods and content are really make the pc version an essential purchase if only for the increased longevity of the game.

Plus you can then modify the game to fit your own personal version of how things should be :)

I have beaten dragon age origins on the 360, however I wonder if its worth getting it on the pc for the player made content and modules.????????

Ok, let's see...

Better graphics (if you have the gear)?

Check.

Opportunity to add additional items, spells, effects, NPCs, areas, quests, etc. FOR FREE?

Check

Ability to UNDO changes that you realize you don't like?

Check.

Ability to fix bugs, broken plot flags, missing dialogue triggers, etc. WITHOUT waiting on BioWare?

DOUBLE CHECK!

Hmmmm... Looks like a no-brainer to me.

But then I don't get the appeal of the console version in the first place. There's an XBox in the house, but haven't purchased DA for it, and problably won't.

I have beaten dragon age origins on the 360, however I wonder if its worth getting it on the pc for the player made content and modules.????????

Ok, let's see...

Check.

Opportunity to add additional items, spells, effects, NPCs, areas, quests, etc. FOR FREE?

Check

Check.

Ability to fix bugs, broken plot flags, missing dialogue triggers, etc. WITHOUT waiting on BioWare?

DOUBLE CHECK!

Hmmmm... Looks like a no-brainer to me.

But then I don't get the appeal of the console version in the first place. There's an XBox in the house, but haven't purchased DA for it, and problably won't.

It was not a bad play experience on ps3. I played a rogue on ps3 though and simply cannot imagine how painful it would have been to play a mage with only 6 spell slots.

Depending on your class and machine it could go either way. Without a decent graphics card you will find that the visual experience is not worth it I suspect.

I play on a mid-level machine with an ATI mobility radeon 4670 (1gig dedicated) and an i5 processor and combat sometimes lags. This could be because of the "memory bleeding" effect that was supposedly fixt in 1.4. Granted I don't fully understand said effect, I don't think the issue was resolved by the patch.

The mod content makes the game so much more fun to play. The simplest things like autoloot (no screen popup) and mass autoloot (whole party runs and loots entire area) add miles of win to the game. Don't even get me started on hat-hider, that feature is worth the $30 by itself.

Being able to respec companions can make the difference between being able to succeed at harder modes from some players.

The pc version is far and away better than the console versions. Whether it is worth another 30-100$ is something only you can decide.

Ok, let's see...

Check.

Check

Check.

DOUBLE CHECK!

I dont normally say this, but... Quoted For Truth. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Dernit Thandal, whats up? You keep taking the words right outta my brain lately. GET OUTTA MY HEAD! LOL :laugh:

Thandal summed it up pretty concisely, plus there's no reason to not have a 5850 or 57xx card in your system with how little they cost now.

Game on console or PC? I thought consoles were only for Beat 'em Ups, Racing Games and Final Fantasy (for lack of the superior PC platform!). But hey each to their own ;)