NPC Healer?

cpoindex

I've been looking for a mod that will allow me to heal NPCs. I found the Stimpak NPC Healer by Yngve91 and it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Problem seems to be though that most NPCs will become hostile when you use it on them :pinch: Could someone write up a script or something to fix this? I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person to appreciate it

Alright, well I just made up a quick little mod that adds an activate choice "Heal with Stimpak" on any actor if you have a Stimpak in your inventory. If selected it simply removes 1 Stimpak and restores 30 HP on that actor.

It's a nice idea (I did notice your topic the other day), so I may try to develop it a bit more. I'd at least want to make the healing amount based on your Medicine skill before releasing it - probably some other features too. Did you have other suggestions?

Alright, well I just made up a quick little mod that adds an activate choice "Heal with Stimpak" on any actor if you have a Stimpak in your inventory. If selected it simply removes 1 Stimpak and restores 30 HP on that actor.

It's a nice idea (I did notice your topic the other day), so I may try to develop it a bit more. I'd at least want to make the healing amount based on your Medicine skill before releasing it - probably some other features too. Did you have other suggestions?

Hey thanks so much! Yeah it'd be pretty cool to have your Medicine skill play a part. I don't think I have any other suggestions. Well maybe the option to also heal an NPC's limbs, but I don't know if that would be difficult to do or what. But just the option to heal an NPC would be very, very useful.

Yeah, I have restoring crippled limbs now too. I'm still trying to decide on the best way to handle it all though - I'd like to keep it fairly simple. I found the formula the game uses to determine how much health is restored by stimpaks based on Medicine skill, but I haven't found any details on how limb healing works. Oh wait... It's probably based on Body Part Data somehow. I'll have to experiment and see, unless someone knows for sure what formula might be used when healing the player's crippled limbs.

I decided to make a little Medical Kit pouch thingy that you'll need to have equipped in order to be given the "Heal" prompt when activating an actor (I'll probably do a little retex after everything else is done).

EDIT:

Oh, any decent ideas for a name for this mod?

Alright, the formula used when healing crippled limbs is simpler than I was thinking. It's the same as when doing normal healing with a Stimpak, but the value is applied toward the chosen limb's health percentage, and then you also get 10% of that in health. So with a Medicine skill of 0, you get 30 health when using a Stimpak normally. If used directly on a crippled limb, that limb's health is increased by 30% and you also get 3 overall health. As Medicine skill goes up all those values increase accordingly.

Those names wouldn't be bad, but how about something that reflects this being about healing others? And remember, I'm aiming to keep this fairly simple.

I also wondered if perhaps there shouldn't be a positive Karma effect? Perhaps only a small one so as to not shoot you into "Good Karma" anytime you heal someone, as I myself like playing a Neutral character. But healing people IS kind of a good deed, whatever the reasoning. Just an idea though.