Getting occasional freezes every 1-5 hours of gameplay (Ram issue?)

Unknnnnn

I have about 150 mods and getting occasional freezes. Doesn't really break the game but it is a bit annoying. I was wondering if this is caused by a lack of Ram memory?

I know latest SKSE features memory patch that increases ram memory used by the game to 512 Mb. Would it help raising it to 1Gb?

I know my modded minecraft uses 3Gb Ram. So in comparison 1Gb is nothing.

Again I'm not very advanced in technical side of things and may be wrong about this. I'd appreciate it if someone could help or explain things better.

There is some misconception/confusion usually surrounding the memory stuff in Skyrim...I am no expert but...The memory setting you are refereeing to IN SKSE is about how the game goes about , allocating the FIRST block of memory, when set to small (256) the game can crash before it get a chance to Expand and allocate a second or third or 10th block of memory. Setting it to 768 in the SKSE.INI effectively give us 512 MB (as 256 MB is set aside for Animations) . I run a Heavily modded Skyrim and have yet to see my Mem blocks log go over 400 MB.

The other side of the coin is ENB...with the BOOST feature running i have read that it will spawn a new instance of "enbhost.exe" IF it needs more the the MAX of 10 GB (that you can set in the INI ) up to a TOTAL of 192GB of RAM...thanks to Boris for an extreme Future proofing , as i really have a hard time at this point, believing we will ever see the game engine go that far...hahahha

Skyrim can and will crash if you pass the 3.1 GB ram barrier, but with ENBboost running Skyrim never goes that high as the RAM is offloaded to the ENBhost process. Cant thank Boris and Sheason enough for totally fixing Skyrim's memory problems. Boris for ENBboost and Sheason for the SSME that was incorprated into SKSE.

it could be an mod order issue, or broken script.
it could be some hardware graphic settings that conflict with enb (if you use one)

you can check your ram with memtest.
if it freezes or Hard-rebooting during memtest it's possible that you run out of memory.
also check your temps with some temp reading toolz (google one and pick the one you like)

i have myself 160+ mod's installed + enb and dont encounter this issue.
before you do some teaks to memory usage, scripts, etc etc.
you should read carefuly what it does...and what it's pro's and contra's.
tweaking files the wrong way can lead to Game/system instability.

Edited by Nero1n