Slow download speeds? Please use our Download Speed Diagnoser

Dark0ne

Ok it's now been 2 weeks since I posted that I couldn't download anything, manually or with NMM. I used the checker and there are no problems. I'm not understanding whats going on. I have also noticed I am not the only one having this problem. Has anyone found a solution or is Nexus trying to even fix it?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #21106359.

just 2 weeks i alredy have like 3 or 4 months without it...
The fix for me was using opera with aceleration option but now isnt working anymore.
I posted the "tesT" and nothing has happened.

For me the fix is come back to the other server not this shitty one but isnt my desicion anyway so for now you have to wait until they fix that.... not soon i supose.

In response to post #20634584. #20831449 is also a reply to the same post.

From what other users are stating (28 December), in Colombia we cannot have access to Nexus Mods enymore since the change. Looks like, we are not an important target market after all for CDN servers to provide supported connection here, even more so being Nexus Mods a free service, even if there is a premium option.

In response to post #20886449. #21169284, #21181224 are all replies on the same post.

(Spanish) Creo que para nosotros ya no hay más que hacer en Nexus, pues no van a modificar la migración del sistema. Revisé steam workshop pero ni siquiera le llega a los talones a Nexus. Lástima.

(English) I will continue to visit this site, but downloading is completely impossible with then new system.

I'm rather confused. I have downloaded a number of mods within the last half an hour and they've been super quick. One mod however "Improved Eyes"

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49069 will only download at 1-2kb/s. When I use the Diagnoser, it can't seem to find any problem. Log is below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proxy detected: none

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diagnosing http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com/1/1/64MB-1-0-1.rar?ttl=2147483647&setec=3412c34bd8d5afd889ac01f35694c8fc

Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100

Connection: Keep-Alive

X-HW: 1419797851.dop005.lo3.t,1419797851.cds047.lo3.c

Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="64MB-1-0-1.rar"

Accept-Ranges: bytes

Content-Length: 67108864

Cache-Control: max-age=26952071

Content-Type: application/octet-stream; charset=binary

Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 20:17:31 GMT

ETag: "1413035614"

Last-Modified: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 13:53:34 GMT

Status Description: OK.

Average speed: 1.9 MB/s for 11.3 MB. Total: 11.3 MB.

Average speed: 3.0 MB/s for 12.1 MB. Total: 23.4 MB.

Average speed: 3.5 MB/s for 12.3 MB. Total: 35.7 MB.

Average speed: 3.8 MB/s for 12.2 MB. Total: 47.9 MB.

Average speed: 3.9 MB/s for 11.7 MB. Total: 59.6 MB.

Expected size was: 64.0 MB.

Downloaded 64.0 MB in 16 seconds.

Calculated speed: 4.0 MB/s.

Maximum instant speed reached: 4.1 MB/s

Edited by TimeladyShayde

Hi there, currently I can easily browse the files in the nexus sites, but when I start to download a file, most of the times it says the connection was lost, and this error appears:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

The Nexus Download Diagnoser reports a similar problem as well.

In this condition, downloading smaller files is possible but requires several tries probably at half an hour intervals.

Larger files are almost impossible to download, as they usually get interrupted in the middle of it, and the session expires by the time that it can be downloaded again.

Edited by Sphagne