Slow download speeds? Please use our Download Speed Diagnoser

Dark0ne

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who totally missed the point of this topic - it is to inform those who do have slow downloads How to report their problem so we can figure out why they are having a problem that most people are just not seeing. This is not a topic to complain about other problems. If you have this problem - slow download speeds when other sites work fine - please follow the instruction in the first post.

For those that look at the number of people complaining - please remember we have over 8 million members here. And even a thousand complaining about this would be a very small percentage of the people that use these sites. But even a few are a few too many - so please keep posting those reports.

I executed the test and got the following

Proxy detected: none

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diagnosing http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com/1/2/256MB-1-0-1.rar?ttl=2147483647&setec=94cadea35b83be28c03f37ee675c2373

I am not premium memeber, used Firefox and Chrome to download mods before. Now, not a single one with NMM or manually work for me. Thanks

Edited by colombogermano

In response to post #20611594.

I forgot to mention that the message I got after the test is

"It is not possible to connect with the remote server"

Does this mean that If you are not in the UK, US or Europe, you cannot enjoy Nexus Mods? Why could I downolad before the change to CDN?

Please, help or comment on this issue. Thanks. Edited by colombogermano

@colombogermano - one of the reasons for the CDN was to make it easier for people in other parts of the world to download - previously all servers were physically located in the US, UK & Europe. The CDN has servers all over the world. Is it possible something is blocking you from downloading? Obviously you can post on the forums so you can access the Nexus.

all my downloads have been awesome and super fast ... actually not all downloads has to do with what Nexus does or applies ... many people have older machines now ... even though they update their software their machines will continue to slow them down ... and then there is their server connection provider too ... when I read this about slow downloads I just did NOT understand ... u say u have negative feedback ... well ... sorry to burst your bubble ... but your downloads have always been super fast ... but then I have an awesome Internet provider ... an awesome i7 machine with a Nvidia Titan graphics card .... so ... actually ... if u add a diff server with faster speeds ... thats cool .. but those with older machines and slow internet providers will remain the same .... I luv Nexus and luv the speed of the downloads ... always did and do now ... MWAH ! ...