ninja or pirate

TheCalliton

ninja or pirate  

25 members have voted

1. 1. ninja or pirate

• NINJA
    • PIRATE

There's more pirates than ninjas, and the build time is much slower. Hand a guy a cutlass and sic him on the enemy! Meanwhile you have to train a ninja from birth.

the original ninjas were just pesants, fighting with farm tools and NO TRAINING

take that

:ninja:

Actually, you're both right guys.

Ninjas could come from all walks of life and almost any background. They used whatever tools they could get their hands on because in their heyday, the local lords had outlawed weapons for the commoners. As the majority of the folks were peasant farmers, they used the tools they had at hand as weapons (Ninja Covenant: I have no weapons - Everything that exists is my weapon). So kamas (hand scythes), handles (tonfa), bale lifters (sai), and poles (jo staff/bo staff/hanbo) are very common - not just to the ninja, but to all martial arts. Some are common to regions (Okinawa martial arts has the oar as a weapon) :blink:

Now nunchaku are debatable. One goup calls it a "Movie creation" because it looks good on camera. The other says it is based on the grain flail (used the thresh rice). I have no opinion one way or the other on it - I just know it gets the job done. :thumbsup:

But when it's all said and done, the martial arts of Japan were heavily influanced by chinese monks that crossed the sea of Japan, bringing with them, their martial arts.